Chapter Twenty Four

"Now that I think about it, I could just go in the water and wait a bit, you know? Scare the hell out of some of the other champions by grabbing at their feet when they swim by." Nixie said as she was curled up into Sirius side that evening, as they shared a blanket over them.

Sirius looked down at her. "That's horrible, Nini....scaring children.... You should do it."

The two snorted before she rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. "I don't think I want Harry's first time meeting me to be with a tail."

"I highly doubt he would be complaining." Sirius said. "Although you might have to bring him to the surface, he might freak out and possibly drown."

Nixie chuckled. "I think I'll pass, I rather just meet him face to face when the time is right. He doesn't need any further distractions during the tournament."

"Well, you don't have to distract him." Sirius said in a suggestive tone.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you don't have to enter the water and make yourself known to him...but it wouldn't hurt to scare the hell out of the other champions."

"Sirius, I was joking about that. It's cheating."

"It's cheating if you get caught.."

"That sounds like a horrible mentality to have." She glared at him.

His eyes widened. "I didn't mean it like that!"

"Well it could be implied that way couldn't it?"

"No!" He quickly waved his hands back and forth. "No, that's..." He narrowed his eyes at her as she began laughing at his flustered state.

"You...evil...evil...woman!" he said before crossing his arms and turning his back to her. "I was only suggesting cheating because Harry has already been cheated enough out of this tournament as it is. I don't understand how they allowed him to be in it in the first place!"

"How many times do we have to go over this, Sirius? The Ministry is full of idiots. Lucius Malfoy works for them! He actually..he actually holds a position. How does a man who was one of Voldemort's little errand girls become a respected Ministry member?! How?" Nixie growled as her anger returned.

Sirius glanced over his shoulder at her.

"Did you just call Death Eaters little errand girls?"

'Maybe." she responded quietly. "It just irritates me to this very moment how things played out. You...you were cheated out of so many years while that bleached nuisance sniveling coward..." He watched as Nixie shook as her fists were clenched together. Quickly she took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"The whole system is entirely corrupted." she sighed. "And no one is doing a bloody thing about it. All of them are just picking at their arseholes waiting for something bad to happen."

Sirius knew at any point he could interrupt her and calm Nixie down, but he was having just a little bit too much fun listening to her rant.

"If I ever get the chance to get my hands on Lucius Malfoy or...or Tabitha Crowley ever again...I swear...I'll make them pay. They'll wish death was an option when I'm through with them."

The fun of the rant was over as soon as Nixie mentioned Tabitha, immediately the mood all changed as he heard Nixie's voice crack as she mentioned the name of her father's murderer.

"Nini.." He moved over to her to comfort her but she quickly moved away from him. 

"I swear...I'll kill her...I won't hold an ounce of regret when I do it either. She won't ever feel the pain that she put my mother and I through doing that...what she put everyone through that knew him....but I will come close to bringing her to that level of pain."

Before she could go on and drive herself into a painful frenzy, Sirius grabbed her and pulled her into a hug muffling her words of hatred to Tabitha into his shirt.

"Shhh...Nini...it's alright." he told her. "Just breathe...in and out. Everything is going to be okay...I have no doubt in my mind that you will get justice for your father. The time will come, I promise."

The time had finally come, Harry had completed the second task and as Sirius planned, he was going to bring Harry back to the cave in order to discuss things of the tournament and finally to meet his godmother in person. Traveling through the woods in his dog form, he led Harry and his friends, Ron and Hermione towards the cave outside of Hogsmeade.

Nixie and Buckbeak remained behind to avoid unwanted attention.

The woman paced back and forth in the cave, completely nervous to meet her godson in person for the first time.

She blew the hair out of her face and looked over to see Buckbeak staring at her.

"Don't judge me." she told him. "You already met him..he rode you.."

Buckbeak let out a screech. 

"Sorry, poor choice of words on my behalf...what I meant is...well I'm not sure how else to word it, Beaky! He technically did ride you whether you like it or not at this point, it happen-"

The two were interrupted by a throat clearing loudly. Nixie smacked her forehead instantly before turning around and seeing Sirius standing with a bewildered expression with three teenagers behind him.

She lifted her hand up and rubbed the back of her neck. 

"I could see how this looks and sounds weird...but um...Harry!" she lifted her hands up with an excited smile. "You...you..."

Sirius turned to Harry. "I swear she's capable of talking a lot better...we just caught her off guard."

"You have a face." Nixie finally blurted out. "Oh my Merlin..'

She covered her face in embarrassment. 

"If someone would so kindly throw me out of the cave, I wouldn't oppose it."