Chapter Sixty Six

Harry didn't have a lot of belongings that had come with him from the Dursleys, but he decided to organize his room just a bit more, with what he did own. He was unpacking one bag, when Nixie cleared her throat in the doorway, nearly causing him to topple over his bed. The woman let out a laugh, but at the same time, she couldn't help but wonder if Harry was that much on edge. She walked over and sat on his bed, offering him to sit beside her.

"You know, you don't have to unpack things right away." Nixie said. "It might be wiser to hold off on it, actually."

"Why?" Harry asked in concern.He wondered if she and Sirius didn't plan on him staying very long, which caused worry to wash over him as he looked over at her.

"Well, hopefully when this is all over Harry, you know, getting Sirius' name cleared with the Ministry, hopefully we'll just be able to leave this place behind. This place just holds a lot of pain for Sirius and I don't think it would be beneficial for him to stay here, and I'm sure this is not your idea of an ideal place."

"Where would be go?" Harry questioned.

"I know a very beautiful place that's full of happy memories and such." She smiled patting him on the shoulder. 'Don't you worry, Harry."

The arrival of Charlie Weasley and Anora was announced and everyone was asked to come to the Burrow. It didn't take long for Nixie and Harry to get ready, but Sirius was taking a just a bit too long.

"Has it always taken him this long to get ready?" Harry asked.

"This is nothing, used to take him even longer when we were younger. I celebrated two birthdays one time when it came to him getting ready-"

Harry laughed as Nixie covered up her grin, once Sirius poked his head out of the room and looked at them. 

"You two don't have to wait on me." He said. "I know how to get to the Burrow just fine, you two go ahead, I'm almost finished here anyways."

Nixie gave a shake of her head before she and Harry agreed to leave and head to the Burrow. They arrived in a matter of seconds, only to have Sirius show up literally a minute after them, wearing a cheeky grin.

"See, I told you, I was right behind you." He said walking over to her.

"You're such a git," she said with a laugh.

"But I'm your git." He reminded her.

"For now."

The man's eyes widened as he looked over at her, but it only made Nixie laugh harder. "You better take that back, Nini."

"I'll think about it."

"I'll give you something to think about later if you haven't reconsidered," he whispered in his ear before walking off to join the group that was asking Charlie and Anora all sorts of questions. 

"Are you guys here for the rest of the summer?" Ron asked.

Afraid not." Charlie answered. "But we got a good week and a half off before we have to head back. So, it's not like we're turning back around and leaving..."

"I would hope not." Sirius said leaning against the back of the sofa. "I'm guessing you two got the time off to celebrate your engagement?"

Molly spit out her drink everywhere as Anora and Charlie turned red in the face. Nixie's hands covered her mouth as she stared in Sirius' direction. The man looked around in confusion as Molly came to stare him down.

"What?! What did you say?" Molly approached Sirius, causing him to take a couple of steps back.

"How did everyone miss the ring?" Sirius looked down to the two. "Oh I'm guessing that wasn't announced....right."

"Thanks." Anora told him.

"Sorry 'bout that." He flashed her an innocently smile before backing away and hiding in the back as everyone began turned to Charlie and Anora. It seemed everyone was waiting for an explanation or details of the engagement, leaving Charlie to speak first.

"Surprise?"

"Charles Weasley!"

A flustered Molly was a scary Molly as the woman was ranging through a series of emotions when it came to the engagement. Of course, she was thrilled that the two were engaged, but the shock came from not even knowing that the two were dating. The majority of the people in the Burrow, just agreed it would be best to just the woman go through her series of emotions, without interrupting or getting in her way.

"Is that how your parents reacted when you two became engaged?" Harry asked Nixie and Sirius later on during the evening. 

"Eh..." Nixie thought back to the day where Sirius had proposed down by the water. "Well, my mum was actually there...without either one of being aware and she was beyond thrilled. My dad on the other hand...he was um...a bit of a nervous wreck."

"A bit?" Sirius said. "He was going to chase me out of the house, Harry."

"He didn't like you?"

"Oh no," Nixie shook her head, " my dad loved Sirius. It was just the fact that we were very young at the time, Harry. To my father I was still about five years old in his head. But he thought we were too young to get married. At the time though, age really wasn't that important to many.So many things could have happened in a blink of an eye, that waiting could have...I don't know."

While her wedding day had been a happy one full of laughs and in the company of wonderful people, Nixie always knew there was one person who was missing and just thinking about it, nearly brought her to pieces. Rather than dwelling on it, she decided to change the subject about the twin's shop opening soon. She turned to Sirius with a smile.

"I think you'll end up being the first customer."

Sirius pointed to himself. "Now why would you think that? I was never one to dabble in mischief and trouble, Nini."

"That's the biggest lie I've ever heard pass through your lips."