Chapter Ninety Six

With the wedding with less than an hour away, Nixie was standing in the kitchen next to Sirius watching as Remus was pacing back and forth. He had shown up earlier that morning and since then he had gone through a million different emotions within a couple of hours. He was happy, hysterical, on the brink of tears, and then began hating himself, all before he was set to get married to Tonks. The two tried to calm him down and it would work for a few minutes but then Remus started panicking again. He was so worked up over the idea that he wouldn't be able to make Tonks as happy as she deserved to be in life. The anti-werewolf legislation act had rattled him to the core. If he wasn't able to work, he would be able to provide a good life for his family and he didn't think getting married was a good idea.

Sirius reassured him that he didn't have to worry about finances at all if they needed any sort of financial help, he would be more than willing to help and Nixie offered the same. It seemed to reassure him for a small amount of time before he started getting worked up over Eleanor, wondering if it would be too weird for her. 

"Are you going to do it or should I?" Nixie whispered to Sirius.

"You go ahead, I always enjoy watching," Sirius grinned, nudging her forward. Nixie walked over to Remus, bringing his pacing to a stop once more and grabbing him by the front of his buttoned up shirt.

"Remus, please don't make me smack you to drag you out of whatever state you have worked yourself into. You are getting married to a beautiful woman, who loves you very much. Eleanor is happy, Tonks is happy, they love each other. They both love you. Once again, it's you that is stopping you from being happy," she shook him a bit to get her point across, but it really only seemed to make Remus dizzy for a second.  "Pull yourself together, Remus, you're getting married. At least, you better be, I actually got up early today for this."

"Which is saying plenty since someone wanted to sleep in on our wedding day," Sirius said crossing his arms over his chest and looking off to the side.

Nixie rolled her eyes before turning to him. "That's because you wanted to get up at the crack of dawn to have it!"

"I wanted to get married as soon as the sun came up!"

"And I showed up, didn't I? That showed you how much I loved you! Not only did I get up, I also got dressed, so there!"

Remus looked back and forth between the two, while it sounded like they were truly arguing, he could see the look of amusement on both of their faces while they continued to bicker back and forth. Suddenly, it all fell into place in his mind, he wanted to share something similar with someone, but not just anyone, he wanted it to be Tonks. He remembered back when he was younger, watching Sirius and Nixie get together and then witnessing Lily and James finally get together. While they had their problems and things that they obviously had to work through, they succeeded and they found happiness. But he always found himself wondering if he would find someone like that.

When it came to a relationship, it wasn't about just finding someone who one shared something in common with, it was noting the differences and loving the person for them just the same. Tonks was the person who didn't care about his lycanthropy as she had stated numerous times. She was young and many times her behavior could be described as immature or child-like, but perhaps that's what Remus needed in his life. He had been dealt such harsh things throughout his childhood that sometimes he felt like he missed out and while he had his brothers there for him, along with Lily, Nixie, and Marlene to help, Tonks would be the person that would always be there and he wouldn't feel like a burden to.

"Thank you," he called out to Sirius and Nixie, bringing their bickering to an abrupt end. They looked over at him in confusion, unsure why he was thanking them. "It all makes sense now. I'm going to head on back to the house and finish getting ready. I'll see you two when you get there."

He gave them a small smile before leaving. 

After he had gone, Sirius turned back to Nixie. "Well, it's a good thing I handled that situation."

"You?!" Her eyes widened as she bit the inside of her cheek. "How did you-"

"Honestly, Nini, must you argue about everything?" He replied pulling her into him. "You're so easily worked up."

She knew what he was trying to do, remembering from the time he had done the same thing when they were teenagers. Instead of arguing with him further as he anticipated, she only laughed before wrapping her arms loosely around his neck and pulling him into a kiss. 

"You know, I would have gotten up before the sun came up a million times to marry you, right?" She whispered to him. 

"And I would silence millions of birds and slip hundreds of times in the grass to marry you," he said.

"Are you ready to marry off your brother to your little cousin?" Nixie asked him breaking away from his hold and walking towards the stairs to go finish getting dressed.

"Did you have to word it like that?!" He called after her. Nixie paused on the step before looking over her shoulder at him.

"I could have worded that better."

"You think?!"

Remus still appeared nervous as he stood, fumbling with his tie, no matter how many times Molly and Nixie smacked his hands away. Eleanor attempted to calm her father, but nothing really settled the man until he saw Tonks standing in the flowery dress that she had picked out for the occasion. It was rare to see the woman in a dress, but she did look beautiful and what made her even more beautiful was the happiness written across her face as she looked at Remus. 

Of course, the mood was interrupted momentarily as Anora let out a wolf-whistle until Charlie covered her mouth. The woman looked so close to bursting, that it was safe to say that Charlie and Anora were bound to be parents any day. But the focus remained on Remus and Tonks as they stood next to each other with Sirius standing in between them with a grin.

"Merlin, help us," Nixie muttered knowing fully well that Sirius was going to have too much fun presiding over the wedding. 

"So," Sirius began looking back and forth from Remus to Tonks, while everyone else was seated, " are you two ready to get married because I have somewhere to be at two-"

"Sirius!" Nixie scolded him from her seat, giving him a stern look.

"It was a joke!" He called back to her.

"Save it for afterward, will you?"

"Fine." Sirius cleared his throat. "Doth Remus taketh-"

No one could help but laugh at  Sirius' dramatics, all while Nixie shook her head trying to hide her smile.

"Alright, alright," Sirius said placing up his hands, " in all siriusness-"

Everyone let out loud groans while Nixie had a pained expression. "Oh come on, I worked hard on that one!"

"Sirius, my mother may call you her favorite cousin," Tonks began, " but you're about to become her late-favorite cousin, do you understand?"

"Yes, ma'am," he said quickly taking a step back from her. "Are you sure you want to marry her, Moony?"

Remus looked at Tonks with a bright smile. "I'm more than sure, Sirius."

Sirius shrugged. "That's good enough for me, what about you, Nymphadora? Ready to mar-"

The man lifted up his hands to block the attacks that were coming from Tonks as he had used her first name.

"Kiss her, Moony! Kiss her! Husband and wife! Husband and wife!"