Chapter One Hundred Fifteen

Most mornings, when Nixie finally woke up, she would head down to the water to check in with her mother, she wanted to see if there was any news of recent developments and how the Wolfsbane potion was coming along

Most mornings, when Nixie finally woke up, she would head down to the water to check in with her mother, she wanted to see if there was any news of recent developments and how the Wolfsbane potion was coming along. It would be a long and gruelling process for the merfolk community to brew but they were committed to the cause. It was time for people to put their differences aside regardless of status and blood and work together during dark times. For now, if werewolves were looking for help, rather than assisting Voldemort and his group of Death Eaters and Snatchers, they would find it. Supplies were being transported through the waters and the merfolk had locations to where they could hide their work.

It was definitely something to keep Nixie and Sirius occupied during such trialling times. With the Weasley family forced out of their home to hide in safety, it was truly coming down to the final moments before something big was to happen. Everyone was waiting on Harry's word desperately to gather once more until it was over. Either they would come out the victors or the losers but they would fight until they could fight no more.

As Nixie stepped out of the home one early morning, she allowed Sirius to continue sleeping. The man was struggling to fall asleep most nights to the point where she had to just hold onto him to get his mind to relax enough that he could fall asleep. He wouldn't fall in bed either, usually falling asleep in one of the chairs, whether they were in the living room or kitchen. She would often have to coax him in his half-asleep state to get him either on the sofa or in bed. But as he remained sleeping, Nixie headed down to the water, following her usual routine.

She had her wand in hand, no one was safe to travel anywhere without it. If a witch or wizard was smart, they always had it on them at that point in time. Knowing how her father had met his fate caught off guard down by the water, Nixie couldn't take any chances. During the stressful times, the water felt better than ever whenever she submerged her feet or her entire body. It was growing harder to go long periods of time without entering the home waters of her mother. Meri assumed it had to be stress related as Nixie had never struggled so much before and Nixie had to agree. 

Sitting down at the water's edge and letting the water wash over her feet, Nixie waited for her mother to arrive. However, as she sat there, she couldn't help but notice the stormy looking waters despite how the sun was shining through. The waves were choppy, crashing against the shore and rocks violently.

"The tides were terrible last night," Meri's voice rang out, bring Nixie to turn her head and see her mother swimming and making her way over.

"I've never seen the water like this, not even during a storm," Nixie said watching as her mother was practically struggling to stay above the waves until she reached a larger rock and pulled herself out of the water. 

"I've seen them like this once before," Meri said, looking at her daughter, " during the First War. The sun could shine, the night skies could be clear but during dark times, the tides always know. We can feel it and I know you can too, the time is coming soon where there will be another fight."

Nixie swallowed and nodded her head, pulling her feet back from the water. "Hopefully, this is the last one and then the Wizarding World can go back to happier times and peace."

"That's what we're all hoping for, sweetheart," Meri told her with a smile. "I should be coming out of the waters during the next moon."

"Do you really want to, Mum, it's-"

"If there's going to be a fight, it's not going to be like last time, Nixie, I'm going to be fighting too. I owe a good fight to the cause in the name of your father. So yes, I really want to. But don't worry, all the merfolk are on the same tide to make sure that the potions continue brewing. You'll be happy to know that two other werewolves have diverted from serving that Vo-"

"Mum, don't! You know better," Nixie warned her. "You know the rules, you can't say his name."

It was unfortunate, but Voldemort had once again brought witches and wizards to fear to say his name once more. A powerful taboo curse was placed that allowed Death Eaters to track down anyone who spoke the wizard's name. The members of the Order had learned the hard way when Kingsley Shacklebolt had said it and had to fight off several Death Eaters before going on the run himself. They could no longer use it even in Potterwatch discussions, leaving Lee to result calling him  "Chief Death Eater."

"I'd like to see them come after me in the waters," Meri growled, "let those snatchers or those errand girls as you call them step one foot in my waters. I'll make Cordelia look like a saint when I'm through with all of them."

Nixie gave her a faint smile. "Mum, I'd rather you not take a chance. Please, just keep a low profile in the water and when you come out on the next moon."

"I wonder if I'll even have enough time before all of this goes down, judging by these waters, Nixie, we don't have long. If Harry is still-"

"He is, don't say 'if', "Nixie told her. "He is doing what he needs to do along with Hermione and Ron. And no matter how soon they call upon us to fight, we will all be there. I know he's okay-"

There was a crack and in a matter of seconds, Nixie was up on her feet with her wand raised, only to catch sight of Remus in the distance. She sighed in relief before swearing under her breath at Remus' arrival. 

"What is it?!" She called to him as she ran over to him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong," Remus said with a smile. "But I thought you and Sirius would like to see your godson."

Nixie let out a small cry. "Is he..."

"I'll take you to him," Remus nodded before Nixie wrapped her arms around him tightly out of joy. "We just need to get Sirius up."

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dean Thomas, Kefira Walsh, Luna Lovegood, Garrick Ollivander, Ted Tonks and Griphook the Goblin had made it to the Shell Cottage where Bill and Fleur lived after escaping from the Malfoy Manor where all hell had broken loose and things almost ended terribly. Nixie and Sirius were just set on seeing Harry, to make sure that he was alright. As soon as Sirius opened his eyes and heard the news, it didn't take them long at all to arrive at the cottage with Remus. 

Harry looked terrible and Nixie felt her heart breaking as she learned that Dobby the House-Elf, a longtime companion of Harry's had been killed. The house-elf had been buried outside and Harry was doing his best to keep his composure. However, as soon as Nixie and Sirius arrived, the boy made his way over wrapped his arms around them and let all the stress that had been overwhelming him in the last several months just come out. Nixie held onto the boy tightly as he tried his best not to cry in front of them, running her hand through his hair soothingly.

"It's alright, Harry," she whispered softly to him, " just let it out. We're here for you, you don't have to be strong right now."

Finally, he allowed him to grieve all the loss, crying into Nixie's shoulder before he turned to Remus and Sirius.

 "Wormtail is dead."

A/N: Beautiful aesthetic was made by cendriia! As always, so gorgeous.