Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Four

Leave it Eleanor to make Sirius look like a downright liar as he brought Remus and Tonks and came upon the others. However, while he informed Remus and Tonks that Eleanor was very much alive, the unfortunate part came that Eleanor appeared to be dying all over again when they arrived. Sirius could not catch a break with all the events unfolding that he didn't know what to think. He wanted to be there for Eleanor, for Remus, for his cousin, but he desperately wanted to know where Nixie was and if she was alright. He didn't see her anywhere during their travels and she had yet to return, he was beginning to develop a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Of course, it didn't help as they were running to find the others that Voldemort decided to make another announcement.

"You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured."

"What a nice fellow!" Sirius hacked sarcastically. "Such charm."

They finally found where the injured were being tended to and as they entered, Sirius' eyes darted around the room, searching for Meri, but she wasn't around either. Now he was really growing nervous, wondering if something bad had happened to Nixie. But Remus' eyes fell to his daughter, who no longer had her eyes open and was lying on the floor, looking quite similar to when they thought she was dead.

"You said she was alive!" Remus turned to him with a growl, bringing Sirius to take a step back. Remus made his way over to kneel beside Eleanor while Fred appeared to be sobbing, but Sirius was downright confused. He knew he had not imagined running through the corridors with Eleanor, she had been talking to him, he knew it. Looking over at Arthur, Sirius was about to ask him what was going on, but Remus interrupted him again.

"You said she-" The man's body was shaking terribly as his hands tried to touch the sides of Eleanor's face.

"She was!" Sirius told him. "I wouldn't lie about something like that!" He would hope that his best friend would give him a bit more credit, sure he enjoyed his jokes but his humour wasn't that dark even if he was a Black. He would leave that humour to Bellatrix and her twisted mind. However, Remus seemed to be in hysterics.

"Did you just say that to get me to leave the battle?" Remus questioned him. "I could have finished him off!"

"Remus," Sirius sighed rubbing the side of his head, " you are in no condition to be fighting right now-"

"She's my daughter!"

"ENOUGH!!"

Apparently, that's exactly how Arthur Weasley was feeling in that moment as he shouted loud enough that the entire Hall fell silent. The man's face was as red as his hair and as Sirius watched him, he honestly couldn't remember a time where Arthur had ever raised his voice before. He didn't seem quite used to yelling either as he quickly cleared his throat afterwards and looked down. 

"Eleanor is alive," he began, as all eyes were on him and all ears were listening, "but just barely.She's lost a lot of blood and right now, this fine gentleman beside me is trying to help her!"

He pointed to the Healer that had remained silent the entire time. "The rest of you arguing is not going to help, so give the man some room so he can help her!"

While the Healer worked with Eleanor, Fred and Remus remained the closest to the girl to make sure they would be there when she woke up. However, with Eleanor taken care of, Sirius continued to look around, hoping he would see Nixie come walking in. 

"Come on, Nini, where are you?" He muttered under his breath. Finally, the man just couldn't take it anymore as he looked down at Remus. "I'll be back."