Chapter Forty Four

Nixie could think of a hundred different things she would rather do that involved pain, than stand in the room with Sirius and Severus eyeing each other as if they were about to duel right then and there in the kitchen. She sighed resting her forehead in her hand as Severus didn't bother greeting either one of them before he looked to Harry.

"Potter. Excellent. I'd like a word." Severus told him before sitting himself down uninvited. "Sit, Potter."

Nixie could feel the tension in the room grow as her gaze focused in on Harry, who didn't look at all pleased to see his Potion's professor.

"You know I don't like people giving orders in my house." Sirius announced with a glare at his old classmate.

"How unfortunate for you." Severus countered. "Now kindly get out." he said eyeing the two of them. "My instructions from Dumbledore are to talk with Potter alone."

He did not just say that... she thought to herself, wanting to crack the man upside his head. She remembered a time where she had defended Severus back in Hogwarts, when she had first met him along with Lily. At one point, she had tried to befriend him, but Severus' possessiveness over having Lily as only his had quickly deterred that. 

She wasn't proud of the bullying that Sirius and the boys had committed against Severus as a boy, but she didn't trust the man either as his loyalties had first gone to Voldemort after their time in Hogwarts. Now the man had the nerve to tell her to get out of a place where even he wasn't fully welcomed, that wasn't going over well in her head.

Nixie folded her arms and planted her feet firmly, standing beside her husband with her eyes narrowed in Severus's direction. Sirius seemed to be doing everything he could to keep himself from attacking the man. She was fully prepared to step in at any time to hold him back, or let him at it,  it depended on whether Severus was going to back down with his hostile attitude or not.

"We're his godparents, I think we'll stay." Nixie said as Eleanor left the kitchen leaving Harry as the remaining child in the room.

Severus gave the two a nasty look before directing his attention solely on Sirius.

"Very well then. I know how you like to pretend that you're useful." he jabbed at Sirius.

Nixie was convinced that Severus had some sort of death wish as he continued talking to Harry as if Sirius and she weren't even in the room.  He spoke about Harry attending lessons with him when Harry returned back to school as Harry's scar pain was becoming a clear sign that Voldemort was learning of Harry's weaknesses.

Not overly thrilled with the idea of Harry spending long periods of time with Severus, Nixie shifted uneasily but remained quiet, trying to figure out a way in her head of how she could help ease the tension of everyone in the room. However, the more she thought about it, she realized there was no solution. The damage had been done years ago and the only person that Nixie knew that could reason with the man, was dead.

Things got out of control fast as Sirius's short temper and Severus' nasty attitude had reach it's limits with civility. What started off as school boy insults, quickly escalated to  Sirius holding Severus by the shoulders, threatening him.

Nixie placed her hand on Harry's shoulder who instantly became nervous at the sight of his godfather preparing to fight his potion's teacher.

"Sirius, stop this!" She tried to reason with him. "Just both of you, enough is enough."

She was sure they hadn't heard a word she said as they continued with Harry peering up at her with a worried look.

"I've warned you, Snivellus!" Sirius spat. " Dumbledore may think you've reformed..but I know better..."