Chapter One Hundred Twenty One

The Great Bald Bitch and his Errand Girls as Nixie affectionately referred to them as during the night were not going to get what they wished for as no one was handing Harry over before midnight or after midnight for that matter. They were foolish to think that it would be that easy.They didn't gather to just hand him over, they gathered to fight and protect him. Once that finally registered through Voldemort's thick skull, the violence began. Death Eaters launched their attacks at the castle, however, they were not able to get through, due to the prep work placed down by those defending the castle walls.

 Minerva's statues and suits of armour took down anyone that grew close, while Professor Sprout and Neville decided to show that Herbology was not a waste of a class. Mandrakes were thrown over the walls and wand duels were going back and forth. However, every strike from the Death Eaters caused the castle walls to rattle. Nixie jokingly said that Eleanor should have just knitted a large quilt to throw over the castle as they were gathered in the courtyard. They were separating even though no one really wanted to.

Nixie could see Remus watching Eleanor and Fred as they were parting. Eleanor was assigned to stay with Arthur and Kingsley in the Quad area. The two wrapped each other in a hug, while Nixie felt Sirius take her hand. She glanced over at him, only to observe as Sirius reached out and touched Remus on the shoulder. Remus turned to them, his face pale as he swallowed hard. 

"Ready for the final round, Moony?" Sirius asked Remus with a grin. It certainly seemed to lighten the mood as Remus chuckled.

"I think so, Padfoot."

As the two men turned to her, Nixie could already assume what was going to be said next as she prepared herself.

"What about you, Flipper?" Her husband questioned, if she didn't love him so much, she would have thrown him down into the quad area. Instead, she glared at the two playfully.

"We agreed that we wouldn't use that nickname for me," she told the two, but she could see the childish gleams in both of the men's eyes before she smiled.

"Sorry, Nini," Sirius winked in her direction, "Couldn't resist. Hogwarts brings back memories for me."

She gave his hand a gentle squeeze, trying to calm her nerves as another hit shook the ground beneath them. Remus cleared his throat loudly to bring them to look at him once more.

"Promise me something?" He requested them. 

Nixie could see him sweating in the light of the spells going back and forth, hitting the protective shields and illuminating the night sky. "What is it, Remus?"

"If anything happens to me," he began, " just look after Eleanor and-"

They wouldn't allow him to continue because they wouldn't allow themselves to even process the thought of losing him. "Remus, don't talk like that!" Nixie scolded him. 

"It has to be said!" He told her. "I have to know that my family will be taken care of in case...just in case."

Sirius made sure that his friend was looking directly at him as he spoke because under his watch no one was going to die that evening. Remus had a family and he was going to return to his family and everything was going to be fine. He had to believe that, it was what kept him going in that moment. 

"Your family will be taken care of because you will be there to take care of them," Sirius informed him, "We'll all be there to look after one another."

The time had come and Sirius and Nixie had to watch as Eleanor came over to her father before leaving to hug him and tell him that she loved him. She also hugged the two of them as well before leaving with Kingsley and Arthur. Nixie and Sirius pulled on the back of Remus' coat to pull away as he seemed ready to just run after her and try to bring her home.