7.

The next morning flew by quickly as I waited tables and mopped the sticky floors that were perfectly fine until little customers came along.

I had just gotten home, grateful to slip out of the pastel coloured dress and white apron that served as my uniform for the small diner, located only a few minutes away, before changing into something more comfortable.

Anne was watching YouTube tutorials, makeup products in full display as she tried replicating the overly dramatic look the flawless looking girl on screen seemed to have, for her job interview that was scheduled the next day.

"I swear it must be the camera that makes them look this good," Anne mumbled in frustration. Her hand slowly drew a black line across her lid, making sure to remain steady and- "Fuck!"

"Anne," I drawled out with a laugh, joining her on our couch. "Just relax. You already do one hell of a job anyways."

A frustrated sigh blew out of her lips, head tilting up as her eyes shut close. "How was work anyways?"

"It was as busy as yesterday, something about the city's mood is bringing customers in like crazy." Anne was half- listening, the other half was picking up her makeup and putting in away in the numerous bags sprawled across the livingroom floor. 

I hesitated, "Can I talk to you about something?"

She mumbled a quick 'yeah' as she tried reaching for a bag that was out of her grasp without getting up from the couch. 

"Well, remember how you've always told me that Liam didn't want anything serious with you?"

"Of course," she shrugged.

"Did you ever really tell him that you wanted more? Or did you just assume?" She finally turned to face me, a suspicious look covered her features. 

"Okay, what's going on? Why are you suddenly so interested?" Her arms folded across her chest. 

There really was no shortcut to this, and besides, I had to tell Anne anyway because it wasn't up to me to decide what to do with what Liam had said. I just hope that I wouldn't screw it up for Anne- I mean, more than what I already had. Telling her to go with Niall was only because she told me that Liam wanted nothing else and now, I know that it was going to get complicated. Niall; the sweet guy that wanted Anne to be more than just her friend. Or Liam; the guy that Anne was hung up on and had wanted her as more than just a friend as well, but didn't make it as painstakingly obvious. 

"Liam stopped by the other day," I began. Anne's arms dropped down on her lap. "He came in looking for you and I told him you were kind of busy. Then he said something, and I want you to know that whatever you decide, make sure it's what you really want, Anne."

"What did he say, Selene?" She pleaded.

My hand dragged down my face, stopping mid-way as I blew out a sharp breath, "He said he wanted you as more than a friend, but he thought is was you who didn't want anything more. He looked so sad that it made me feel like absolute crap for talking about him in the first place."

Slowly, I peeked over at Anne and slowly, a smile spread on her lips. "Selene!" She laughed excitedly. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

A crazy looked washed on my face, causing Anne to falter. "Because you were with Niall!" I remarked. "You can't just push him aside like it meant nothing. It's wrong and I feel horrible."

She scoffed, "You were the one who told me to go out with him because Liam was this and Liam was that and now you talk to me about Liam, telling me that you feel bad, but that I can't leave Niall now because it's fucked up. What the fuck, Selene?" She glared at me.

"Okay, first of all, you never told me that you didn't tell Liam about wanting something more- that would have been fucking helpful to say, you know? And the only reason why I told you to give Niall a chance is because you're so keen on looking for bad ass looking dudes, letting your stupidly high standards come in between you and guys that might do you some good. So don't get angry at me for trying to help you."

"Help me?" her eyes widened in shock. "You've all but helped me! Now, I have no clue what I'm going to do with Niall and zero idea as to what I'm going to say to Liam."

"What do you mean you don't know what to do with Niall? You were so happy-"

"Enough, Selene."

"I feel bad for-"

"Stop!"

"He has feelings-"

"I swear to go-"

"Anne!"

"Selene!" 

We were standing up at this point, both huffing out angry breaths at each other. 

"Stay out of my business and stop trying to fix everything for me," she snapped. "Why don't you take your own advice and give the tattoo guy a chance? Maybe it'll keep you busy and away from my crap."

I swallowed down the words that broke at my teeth. Cursing Anne out wouldn't do me any good- it would feel good, but it would cause more damage.

"He has a girlfriend," I mumbled out pathetically after a few seconds of awkwardness.

After even more awkwardness, Anne sighed, "You wanna talk about it?"

Yeah, Anne and I might still be angry at one another, but one thing's for sure: despite the mess sprawled out between us, literally and figuratively, she was more than willing to push it aside and offer a shoulder because that's the type of things friends do.

That's what Anne does.