43.

S e l e n e ' s  P.O.V.

Chaos.

If there was one word I had to use to describe the situation happening in front of me, it would be chaos.

My mom kept yelling at my dad, my dad kept yelling at my mom, yet they both weren't even listening to what the other was saying.

Justin tried to calm my dad down, telling him not to get too worked up because of his previous incident. I tried comforting my mom, but I didn't know what to say to someone that had been cheated on, especially when that same person was my own mom.

"Enough!" I yelled. The three of them turned to look at me. "We are getting absolutely no where like this," I pointed out. "Why don't the two of you go sit in the livingroom, so that we can handle this properly and just get this whole situation over with?"

There was a moment of silence before my parents walked over to said room. Justin was coming in too, but I held my hand up.

He looked taken back, but understood and simply nodded.

I sat down in front of them, each of my parents being at the far end of the couch.

"Now," I began, rubbing my lap because I actually had no idea as to what I would say or do, next. They were waiting for me, but it felt strange to be the one telling them what to do, considering that's what they had done to me the majority of the time. "Dad, I'd like to hear what you have to say about... well, you know."

He looked uncomfortable, clearing his throat before swallowing down and darting his eyes from one spot on the floor to the next, "Well, your mother had been busy doing-"

"No," I interrupted. "When you cheat, you don't get to blame the other person. You own up to it because it was you who fell into temptation. No one pushed you, or forced you to. You decided that."

He shifted in his seat, eyes filling up with guilt before continuing, "I had noticed her before. She was uh- she was just so captivating that way. Then, when I finally talked to her, I couldn't help it. I realized that I wanted this woman, but when I did, I realized something else. She wasn't someone I felt a connection with. What happened between us was out of curiosity and lust, not love."

There was a hard tug that pulled at my chest. This man in front of me, was my dad. And he was describing another woman that wasn't the one quietly crying only inches away from him.

"Okay," I breathed in, slowly exhaling. "Mom?"

She looked up from her lap, "What do you want me to say, Selene? This man-" she looked at him, "cheated on me with a fucking whore-"

"Marlene-"

"That's what she is! She slept with Sheryl's husband and then she slept with you," my mom snarled before sobbing. Her hand was placed on her chest, and I couldn't help but worry that she'd have a heart attack too.

My dad was trying his hardest not to lose his wits, but it had been his fault. As much as it hurt to admit.

"Dad," I gathered all the bravery I could muster. "Do you still love Mom?"

She stopped sobbing and held in a breath, my dad's eyes softened.

"Of course I do. This woman has been with my for such a long time- no one knows me better. I recognize my mistake and I'm willing to do anything she wants to make it up to her."

A large part of me breathed out in relief, but a glance towards my mom told me I was thinking too soon.

"You can't," she choked. "You can't make it up to me." My dad pinched the bridge of his nose. "Do you realize how embarrassing that is? Everyone will know what you did because that skank not only opens her legs, but she opens her mouth too. Although, that's regardless."

Ouch.

"She's not going to tell anyone. I'm sure she doesn't want anymore talk of her."

My mother scoffed, "You made that bed and now you'll have to lie on it. You'll see what I mean."

They were both quiet for a while.

"I think it's best if you two take a break from each other. Some distance will do you good."

"I'm not getting a divorce," my dad barged in.

"No," I countered. "I just mean a break to give you both space."

"Where will I go?"

"Marlene, you're not going anywhere-"

"I wasn't asking you... Where will I go, Selene? It's a small town, can't really get away from anyone here."

And it was in that exact moment that I realized how much of a shitty situation this had turned out to be. Not only did I have to come up with a solution, but I had to make sure that solution was okay with the other person that lived with me.

"Give me a minute," I said before getting up.

Quickly typing a whole essay to Anne, I bit my lip in anticipation. She replied a few minutes later.

Anne: Oh hell no

Me: Anne, pleasseee

I don't know what else I can do or where else I could send her where I know she'll be safe

Anne: You need to stop fixing their problems

They only call you when they need you but it's never the other way around

Me: I know

You're totally right

But it's such a fucking mess Anne

Anne: You know what, if they weren't such... I would agree, totally agree to help

But you can't let them step on you like that

You wanna help them?

Stay there

Make sure they get used to being around each other

Except you'll be the buffer

Plus maybe you'll be able to mend your relationship with them

I thought about what she said, but I wasn't sure how long I'd be able to stay, or why she was pushing me so hard so that I wouldn't leave.

Me: Finneee

Anne: You got this (:

I put my phone away before entering the room again.

"Change of plans."

____****____

A/N: BLACK INK IS #428 IN FANFICTION NOW AHHH