42.

H a r r y ' s  P.O.V.

I asked Jared if he was sure this was Selene's apartment number, considering I only knew the building, but he knew which one because he was the one who dropped the cellphone off.

He insisted it was and I got out the car to find the number. It was already getting late, but the thoughts inside my head made it impossible to work or concentrate on anything that wasn't about Selene and Larry's son.

You can say that it was staring at Louis, and knowing it was his messages I had read off Selene's phone, that had made something inside me turn. Okay, fuck that- it was obviously him.

He wasn't as horrible as I had pictured him to be, but of course that was only because of my bias opinions that kept my pride up.

The thing was, he was someone I had no problem picturing with Selene, which was why it drove me mad. His stupid casualty threw me off. Who did he think he was to talk to Selene that way? Like he had known her for years.

I arrived at the door with the number I had been subliminally reciting in my head before knocking three times. But why was I so nervous? It was just Selene and it's not like I was going to ask much of her; I'd simply tell her that I was ready to try.

But instead, a familiar girl opened the door. I had forgotten her name. I had too many clients go in and out, and I thought she'd just be another face. Just as I had thought when I first saw Selene, although, she caught my attention more than anyone else had.

"Harry?" Her eyes widened.

I looked down the hall; it was too late to go back now, "Hey, um... is Selene home?"

She leaned against the door frame, "Actually, she left two days ago."

I frowned in confusion.

The girl clarified, "She had this thing with her family, so she had to fly out. Didn't really explain why, or how long it would be until she returned."

My eyes casted down to the floor as my hand rubbed my neck. I tried not to let the disappointment show, but this girl was quite the observer.

"If you'd like, I can leave a message for her? Or if you need her number-"

"No," I shook my head. I already had her number, it was Selene I wanted. It would be such a pussy move to text her about what I felt for her, which is why I had came all the way down here. "Its fine, thanks." She gave me a sympathetic smile before nodding.

I turned around and walked back towards the elevator. The door behind me shut.

I got in and leaned against the cold metal, but just as the doors almost closed, I put my hand in to stop them.

What the fuck are you doing, Harry? Selene isn't home.

I knocked on the door again, cringing at how annoying I felt, but she opened it almost instantly.

"Change your mind?" She smirked, but she had no idea.

"Where exactly did she fly out to?"