65.

"I've been thinking 'bout the future
And I've been thinking 'bout the now
I know we're gonna be together
I just don't know how"

____****____

The drive back home went by faster than what I had imagined. Maybe it was the strong desire to be away once more, that caused the long hours of sitting and steering to fly by.

My neighbor from the other side of the street, said she'd drop off a package for me later on today after I passed by her house. I thanked her and said I'd be there for the rest of the day, so no rush.

But when I did get home, I threw the keys on the counter and started undressing, running a hand through my shoulder length hair.

I didn't want to hear about anything else. I just wanted to wrap myself in the small world I had created. Nothing else mattered and nothing else would keep me up at night. I could get back to the way it used to be.

Just me.

But I wasn't fooling myself. I had left a piece of me behind. However, that's the way it had to be.

As if I couldn't get enough of today, their was a soft tap against my windows, before the tempo sped up.

I grabbed my blanket and slipped outside, sitting on the bench shielded from the rain. I wrapped myself around the soft material and just stared out into the gloomy sky.

My head tried not to think about Harry anymore. Or Jane that sat next to them. Or their child that Harry held so protectively. It was funny to think that such a beautiful thing destroyed another. However, they seemed happy and in this world that's all that counts.

My hand reached under the waistband of my jeans and absentmindingly, I traced over the word he carved into my skin before he left forever.

"You promised," I spoke out to the wind, hoping that just this once, my words would be carried over to him. But they were silenced with the rain. "You promised me," I whimpered out to no one. "You promised me," I cried. My hands covered my face in shame. "You promised."

My hands were wet and it wasn't the rain that was to blame. It was like that for what seemed like hours.

I was cold and my face stung. My eyes were tired from having my hands stubbornly wipe at them, my mind telling my eyes to stop crying. But it was impossible to listen to myself.

I went inside only after I had to strain my eyes to see past a few yards.

Thankfully, I had the heater working so I was welcomed in with warmth.

There was nothing on tv and the shows I had on Netflix were put on hold because I needed to wait for the new season.

I rummaged the fridge, settling in for my favourite bottle of wine that I had saved for emotional days such as this one

I was already on my second glass when the doorbell rung.

Shit.

I had forgotten about my neighbor and I didn't want to be seen like this. But my lights were on, so I couldn't hide and pretend I was asleep.

I ruffled my hair and then ran my fingers through it as well as my wrinkled clothes.

Tentatively, I made my way over to the door. The smile on my face that was directed at my neighbor, dropped because this wasn't the lady from the other side of the street. A strong sense of nausea coursed throughout me.

His eyes were green and his hair was slicked back, black t-shirt covering some tattoos, the rest of them were visible on his arms. "Hi," his eyes lingered on mine.

My mind began to race and my heart was trying to keep up with it. I couldn't fully register what was happening in front of me, so I was taken in by the thoughts I had fought so hard to push back.

As I stood in front of him with my hand in his, he looked down at me. His eyes flickered down to my lips before placing one single kiss on them.

I couldn't stop the flashes of the past that brought back the whirlwind of emotions. The trembling in my hands wouldn't stop, and the person in front of me looked equally as lost as I was. But there was something else there.

"I want this, Selene."

And I couldn't help but feel like that sense of being lost had stopped the moment I opened the door.

"I'm completely in love with you," he spoke. "I'm so in love with you, Selene."

I once told myself that in a perfect world, what was meant to be, would be. That I would be stopped from having to run away whenever I felt like it was the only thing left to do. That nothing else would matter except being stopped by fate itself, urging me to face the fact that I couldn't escape from such a divine right that was the man in front of me.

Then it hit me. That piece of me that I thought I had lost, came back to me because as it turns out, it was mine. And this time, I was going to keep that piece that had permanently engraved itself into me so deeply.

"Harry."