33.

S e l e n e 's  P. O.V.

I had no such luck in finding my damn phone. Anne suggested I call the phone company to lock it, but she told me that I wouldn't be able to recover my personal stuff from it because I didn't back my things up.

What I was most worried about though, was that there was absolutely no way in contacting Louis. I didn't memorize his phone number, and he told me he'd delete his Tinder because he was already talking to me.

We weren't official or anything, but he paid no mind to other girls at the moment.

And on the other hand, I had no way of knowing if Harry had texted in an attempt to explain. Although, he had no reason to, seeing as to how we were both free to do as we pleased. I shook the thought of Harry and that girl away.

The diner wasn't as full today, which was shocking considering it was Monday. Bridget greeted me as I came in, wondering why I was sulking. I explained to her and she gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Did I tell you?" Her eyes lit up, coming closer so that only I could hear her whisper.

"What is it?"

There were no awaiting customers, so she began, "Remember the cute guy that I talked to the other day? The blonde one?"

I nodded as I remembered Niall.

"Well, his name is Niall. He took me out two days ago," she squealed. "But I couldn't tell you sooner because I didn't see you at work," she explained. "He's so nice, Selene."

I smiled at her, Anne already had Liam. She still hadn't told me what she specifically said to Niall, but it must not have been the greatest if I hadn't heard a thing from him. Or of.

"I'm really happy for you, Bridget," I smiled. She returned the gesture. "What happened between you two?" I wiggled my eyebrows before deciding to get back to cleaning tables as she beamed in eagerness to tell me about the blue eyed boy.

***

I took my keys out of my pocket before sliding the front one in and opening the door. It was too quiet without Anne.

I slipped out of my uniform and into the shower. The smell of the different foods made at the diner always lingered on me.

I had already changed into something comfortable when I heard the doorbell ring; which was unusual because no one really visited us.

When I opened the door, I was met with emptiness and if it hadn't been for the fact that I was barefoot, I wouldn't have stumbled on my own phone that was placed on the floor in front of me.

I looked both ways from the hallway, both sides empty. Hesitantly, I retrieved my phone before going back inside and shutting the door hastily.

It was off and refused to power on, so I plugged it into the charger we kept at the kitchen.

My foot tapped impatiently, finger pressing down on the button again before the screen lit up.

When it was done loading, there were a few notifications, but no messages. My shoulders dropped in disappointment.

I clicked messages so that I could text Anne and tell her the good, yet strange news. That's when I noticed a message from Louis that had been opened.

Quickly, I replied.

Me: Sorry, I had lost my phone );

I cringed at how pathetic it sounded, but I couldn't do anything after hitting send.

Anne replied with a smiley face, telling me I had to explain. I ignored the message and clicked to see if all my contacts and information were still in tact.

As I was scrolling, I frowned to see a familiar yet unfamiliar new contact:

Harry