28.

"Baby, he's got to be crazy
Living like he's John Wayne
Always facing the world and chasing the girl
Baby, he's got to be crazy"
____****____

Louis took me in a warm embrace, his arms wrapping me tight.

"Hey, you," he whispered before letting go.

"Hi," I smiled.

We walked to a nearby bench, taking a seat only inches from each other. There weren't many people near us, most of them were by the playground with their kids.

"So, I uh-" he looked down at the ground. "I kind of didn't have time to plan something grand," his shoulders shrugged. "I figured that going out for lunch felt too... I don't know. And dinner was too formal."

I thought that maybe he wasn't the type of guy to plan; which was okay, so I offered, "We could just walk around. Don't worry."

He gave me a crazy look before chuckling, "No, that's not what I meant." My eyebrows frowned, causing him to elaborate, "I pulled a little something together, but I don't know if you'd be down for it."

His blue- almost dark grey eyes, stared at me, "What is it?"

In hesitation, his tongue swiped his lips, "It's this place away from the city that you have to call to reserve a spot for- I promise that it's not further than twenty minutes from here. I just like the calm scenery of it."

I pondered over the suggestion. If I got kidnapped by the guy in front of me, well, his looks wouldn't be something I complained about. However, the thought of leaving the city with guy I just personally met made me a bit nervous. But the sincerity in his eyes gave me the courage I needed.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Yeah?" He looked surprised, almost as if expecting me to decline and pick something else for the both of us to do than to leave God knows where.

"Yeah," I laughed nervously.

His hand reached for my own before he stood up. He was a few inches taller than me, but that only meant that when his eyes flickered down, it was more than obvious they were looking at my lips.

Louis smiled, pulling on my hand so that my body crashed into his. "You're more beautiful in person, know?" I swallowed. "I was afraid I'd be catfished or something," he whispered with a small laugh at the end.

I couldn't help but giggle, "You're pretty good looking yourself."

He snickered, "That I know." I punched him lightly on the arm after rolling my eyes.

He led us to his car that was parked around the curb before we got in.

"You can pick the music," he said before plugging his phone in and starting the engine. A weird sensation came over me as I gingerly took his phone, it was most likely the fact that I was holding a phone other than mine.

I hit YouTube before searching up the song that had been playing in my head since this morning. Perhaps I'd get closure for it.

"He's got so much love for her

But he doesn't know what to do

Sitting in the car

Waiting outside of school