61.

I helped Anne load the last of her stuff into her car before shutting the trunk and meeting her by the passenger door.

"Are you sure you're stable?" She asked with more then worry written on her face. "It's not to late for me to change my mind, you know?"

But I knew better. She had been more than thrilled as she began to pack her stuff over the course of two weeks.

"Yeah, I'm driving out tomorrow," I grinned reassuringly, but the smile didn't make it to my eyes.

For a moment she just took me in. Then she took two long steps and wrapped her arms around me, "If you need anything at all, don't you dare hesitate to call me."

My arms hugged her tightly as I nodded my head. She was the first to let go.

I watched her get in her car after she waved one last time and then she drove into the main street.

When I got back into the apartment I tried not to look into the emptiness too much anymore. The countless nights of crying had been enough to wear me out to the point of numbness. I had to get myself together and follow through with what I needed to do with myself and, quite frankly, my future.

My things were already being moved approximately three-hundred and seventy- two miles away from where I stood.

I took one last glance at every room. It was hard to let go, but I came to the realization that it was even harder to hang on.

***

The new roads were quiet, and peaceful; a stark contrast to the city I had left.

The moving truck wouldn't be here until tomorrow, even I wasn't supposed to be here until tomorrow afternoon. But I couldn't stand being in that apartment any longer.

I parked the car Liam sold me after Anne told me he wanted to buy a new one. I didn't mind it, and to be honest, it was a nice car in a really good condition.

The keys felt heavy in my hand as I stuck the key in and turned the knob. The emptiness was different than the last apartment I was in. That one was empty from the memories that were scraped off the walls, but this kind of empty was the one that came before I filled it with new memories.

That night I cried one last time as I drank the bottle of wine I bought on my way over here. This is what loneliness felt like.

The good news was that I wouldn't start working until two days after today at the small town's diner. I smiled at the thought.

After I saved enough money, I would dedicate myself to journalism. It was enough just being stuck in one place, and always worrying about small problems that shouldn't have the right to take over any aspect of my life.

I tried my hair up in a messy bun. I had grown tired of my long hair, and it was then that I decided that would change too.

But for now, I sat in the middle of what I would turn into the livingroom with only the light from outside as my only guidance and I drank down the cool liquid.

I love you, Selene.

My eyes closed and my heart clenched. I drank some more.

I'll come back to you... I promise.

I drank again.