13.

We got into Justin's car and drove to my parents' house. I didn't get time to settle in a and rest; which I was thankful for because the nostalgia of being back in that house both saddened and angered me. I was walking in on the life of the old me.

When I got my mother alone, Justin was putting my suitcase upstairs to the guestroom because my bedroom had turned into something else- that my mother had nonchalantly avoided to say, I asked her the question that was burning my tongue.

"Why is he here?" I whispered.

"What do you mean?" She asked innocently.

I gave her a pointed look. "Justin," I emphasized. "Why is he here?"

Something was bothering her. It was evident when she rubbed the pads of her middle finger and thumb together. "He lives here now."

My eyes widened in shock, mouth agape. "What?!" I whispered harshly. Then the realization sunk in. "He has my room, doesn't he?"

She grimaced, but nodded nonetheless. "He's been having trouble lately so his parents kicked him out," her lips kept moving but I stopped listening after the irony and hipocracy of it.

Then she stopped, heavy footsteps taking her place. "All done," he smiled. His brown eyes had that same glint.

He had taken his sweater off due to the warmth of the inside, and it was then that I was able to see his sleeves. Tattoos on tattoos, the ink never ending.

"Wow," I breathed out curtly and then pursed my lips.

He chuckled as he came the last step, "Nice, huh? Parents didn't approve so they kicked me out." His shoulders shrugged. "I like living with your parents though."

I looked over at my mom who smiled in triumph, "You've been a pleasure to have, Sweety."

Are they fucking kidding me? She kicked me out because I wanted to persue a life of writing and travel, but welcomed Justin after he got sent out by his parents for his tattoos.

With all my strength, I tried to breathe in and breathe out without letting any words slip in the process.

"We have to get going," Justin said. He grabbed the keys and we followed him out.

Taking a better look at the car, my eyebrows furrowed. "Mom, is that Grandpa's car that Dad was fixing up for me?"

Her eyes glided over to it and she simply shrugged, "Your dad wasn't going to let it sit there after putting all that work in... so he gave it to the poor boy."

My jaw would have hit the floor if it wasn't for the fact that my hands were already dragging themselves down my face.

"Oh grow up, Selene!"

She hopped in on the backseat, so I grudgingly slid into the front. I stole a glance at him.

He wasn't so scrawny anymore. His frame was lean, but there was also a hint of gym in it. The rounded face he used to have was defined by cheekbones and a strong jaw now. Even his style changed- it went from loose jeans and buttons up, really buttoned up, to tight jeans and casual tees that hugged him nicely.

He looked at me, eyes meeting as he bit his bottom lip, hand switching the car into reverse. Then he winked at me.

Oh, Jesus.

*****_____*****

A/N: I know that Justin didn't get all his tattoos at or before eighteen, but for the sake of this story- that's what happened.