63.

The next morning consisted of Anne making us pancakes, and me secretly feeding Bear bits and pieces of my own.

Liam was out with some friends, apologizing for the fact that he wasn't going to be able to stick around for long. With no hard feelings, I waved him off.

It was hard not to yearn for something like what Anne and Liam had. They understood one another and it was difficult to see one without the other now.

When Liam left, I watched how Anne's light dimmed a little.

"Selene," Anne began in a tone I was all too familiar with. It was that tone she had when an idea popped into her head, and I was right when she said, "Why don't we go shopping and then eat at the diner you used to work in- ouh the memories!"

She was too excited and I couldn't find it in my heart to deny her, "Okay. But I'm not carrying your bags."

Her smile widened, "Just when I thought I had you."

Before we left, Anne and I watched a movie together. It reminded me of the times we would do this in our old apartment, and it made me realize how much we had changed. But despite our growth, nothing could change the fact that the feelings would always be there.

It was about three o'clock when we left.

I missed this about the city. It was impossible to have a dull moment with all the cars passing by, the stores being filled with mannequins that promised the perfect outfit.

Anne kept buying clothes from every store we went to. She wasn't holding back at all, and it made me wonder if she did this when she was alone too, or if my visit had an effect on it. But judging by the way she glided across from point A to point B answered my question.

She had memorized the adequate store for the adequate occasion. But for now, I didn't know how to explain that the occasion was just to spend time watching her smile and ramble on about fashion advice I paid no mind to because all I needed was to have her close. That way, when I left back home I was able to take a piece of her with me.

"What do you think about this one?" She held up a cute olive green romper, interrupting the trance I was in.

"It makes your eyes stand out, Anne," I smiled.

Around two hours later, we made our way to the old diner. It was crowded like the typical way it was on a weekend. For a second, I almost asked to take Anne's order before the slip up made me laugh quietly to myself.

Anne stared whimsically at me from the side before she eyed a table.

We went to one in the far end, but right before I sat down, the sight in front of me knocked the wind out from my lungs.