10.

I moved my head from the window after it hit the glass repeatedly from the bumps in the road. The bus driver made a final turn before it was my turn to get off.

The city was as busy as usual, the wind as cold as always and I wished that the uniforms would change so that my bare legs wouldn't suffer against the cold.

Thankfully, the diner brought warmth due to the heat coming from the kitchen that was as busy as usual in order to satisfy the customers.

"You're always on time," Bridget commented with a grin as she opened the kitchen door for me after I checked myself in.

"What can I say?" I shrugged at the praise with a smile. We didn't say much afterwards because the customers were already seated and patiently waiting for their orders; well, some more than others.

***

"Selene," Bridget mumbled quietly as she leaned in from the stack of menus in her hand. "I don't mean to alarm you, but there's this really cute guy at table six."

I pursed my lips at her, "He's all yours. I'll take table ten for you."

Bridget smiled in gratitude before straightening up and walking over to table six. I couldn't really see who it was because the first ten numbers were located on the far left, around the counter.

A while later, I took the order for number ten and made sure to glance at table six where Bridget was casually standing.

I looked at the person and almost dropped the order in my hand.

Niall was smiling shyly at Bridget, glancing nervously at the plate in front of him and back up at the girl. His cheeks were tinted in pink as he laughed softly at what she was saying. Snapping out of it, I went over to the waiting customer and placed the order down.

Hesitantly, I looked back to see Niall smiling up at Bridget who was already walking back towards the front.

"Did you see him?" She asked excitedly as we walked past the counter. "I gave him my number."

"Good for you," I breathed out with a tight smile. "He is pretty cute."

The dreamy sigh that blew out of her lips was enough for that sinking feeling to settle at the pit of my stomach.

This time, I was staying out of it.