30.

It was another day at home spent doing absolutely nothing. Anne wouldn't come home until late, but I didn't want to wait around. Yesterday, I had called in sick due to the consequences of the night before that, but today I wanted to feel active.

Which is why I dug up my old running shoes before changing into something comfortable. I picked my hair up in pony tail before grabbing my waterbottle and heading out.

I hadn't gone out running in a long time. With work and just being lazy, it was hard to motivate myself and instead I bummed out at home.

However, today was a good day; the sun was covered by clouds that made the air feel nice and cool so that I wouldn't overheat.

Since we lived in the city, running wasn't necessarily something you saw people doing everyday, but I could walk to an old field used for street games- located behind large buildings that seemed older than anything. It was hidden between scattered trees, but it wasn't so hidden that it gave a bad impression.

I started out slow, jogging only enough so that I could speak a coherent sentence if I were to talk. My headphones were in, blasting remixes that kept me going.

My eyes stopped squinting at the sun that was now soft colours of pinks and oranges. After a while, I picked up the pace, but couldn't keep it all the way around because I was just really out of shape, so I stopped to catch my breath.

Walking for a long period made me want to just go back home to rest, but I pushed the thought out and walked faster.

As I came around the field, I noticed there was a parked car behind the tall, yellow weeds, which were surround by tall trees. I would have missed it completely if I hadn't walked too far out from the field. Hesitantly, I looked over my shoulder before walking closer to it- making out a familiar silhouette.

The door to his car was open. His knees were on the ground as a, very naked, blonde-headed woman threw her head back, loud moans emitting from her while her hands pulled on his hair.

My mouth hung open as I watched the muscles on his back flex- the sun giving his skin an enriched glow that emitted from the slightly, collected sweat. The ring-covered-fingers seemed to melt into her hips from how hard he was gripping her.

She sat up, eyes opening to meet my own, mouth agape before her moan turned into a scream. He looked up from the task at hand, turning around to see what she was pointing at.

The girl scrambled to cover herself while his eyes looked at me in shock. He got up, jeans dirty and torso bare before he began walking towards me.

My body caught up with my brain, making me stumble on the fine dirt as I spun around and sprinted back towards the front of the field.

I didn't stop running, not even when my lungs burned and my throat scratched for the water I held in my hand. I didnt want to stop and risk him catching up to me.

It was only when my vision blurred and my lip trembled towards the busy streets that I stopped, hands on my knees as I blew out a choked breath.

My hands fumbled to open the waterbottle before taking a big gulp, successfully dripping some down my chin that were wiped away along with the hot and sticky liquid that seemed to have spilt from my eyes. The burning was almost as bad as the one I felt everytime I breathed in.

I covered my mouth with the back of my hand in an attempt to halt the spur of emotions that threatened to spill out, in front of me.

As I began walking, my steps felt heavier than they did before. Everything was in a slower pace than it was before.

When I finally got back home, I stripped in the bathroom before stepping in the shower. I don't know why my hands kept running up and down my face, then over my head and down my neck. Perhaps I was trying to erase the memory that seemed to have burned deep into my mind.

Why did I care so much?

He was free to do whatever he wanted. After all, we never claimed to be anything more than what happened between the two.

I just thought that a wound would take time to heal. And I knew I wasn't anyone special, but he made it feel like I was.

Which is the hardest part. Being put on a pedestal only to realize that it was merely for a moment that lasted as long as the high that surged through an untainted bloodstream. However, having a taste of such euphoria is never enough.

You get addicted.

____***____

A/N: First and foremost, I'd like to thank all the people who take the time to read every posted chapter and/or add it to their libraries- it means so much. All the votes and comments, they let me know what you guys think and that you're actually enjoying my story. With that being said, Black Ink is at +16k reads. Which, holy fuck, I can't believe it! Thank you all so fucking much!

Secondly, this chapter was dedicated to achhuu for the amazing fan art (banner) posted at the beginning of the chapter. It honestly means so that they went out of their way to make such a beautiful image.

I absolutely love the whole scheme of it holy shit, I adore you so much, love ♡ xx (make sure to check out her other graphic works in her book Covers)

Here it is in case you (somehow) missed it:

-M.D.R.