58.

Two weeks had flew by and I was ready to go to work after locking my door behind me.

Harry hadn't texted me last night, or the last few days, which was a bit odd considering he liked sending me goodnight texts. I didn't want to be the first to text because I figured he had been busy.

But as I walk through the windy day on my way to the shop, an unusual feeling settles in the pit of my stomach. If I thought about it, he hadn't been the same in a few days. I wasn't thinking too much of it because I was too focused with work and Anne and finding a new place.

I open the shop's door, stepping inside as I take my jacket off.

I hear someone in the back room, so I cautiosuly make my way over.

Harry is pacing back and forth, his hands running through his shoulder length hair that had grown considerably since the first night I met him.

"Harry?" He doesn't answer me, he just stops and looks at me and offers a small smile. I notice the way he tries to hide his worry, but he fails miserably because I see right through the act, "You okay?"

"Yeah," he sighs dismissively.

My arms fold across my chest, "Convince me."

Harry swallows down the words he doesn't want to speak and lies through his teeth, "Lance had some trouble with the store, but he's getting it sorted out."

He waits for a sign that lets him know I ate his words. I give him the satisfaction, "Okay."

I don't say anything else and instead turn my back to him and shut the door behind me. If he wants to lie, then fine. But I wasn't going to be stupid enough to brush it off like there wasn't any dirt under the rug.

I had already sat down and started up the laptop, ready to write statements that concerned the shop, when there was a soft tap. I didn't look at Harry as he came in and sighed audibly.

My jaw was set and I was in no mood to hear anymore of his lies. I came here to work, not keep an eye on whatever it was that he was hiding.

"Selene," his voice was tired, and it almost sounded like that of a parent trying to reason with a stubborn kid. "Would you at least look at me?"

I obliged.

"Nothing is wrong, okay? Lance is dealing with it."

I licked my lips, "You said that and I said 'okay.' You don't need to tell me twice."

Harry seemed annoyed by my impassive response, but he got the reply his lie deserved.

First of all, if it really had concerned the store, I would have to know because it was my job to document all sorts of information that related to it. Otherwise, there would be no point in being here.

Did he seriously think I was that naive? That stupid?

"Why were you searching up new apartments?" His question caught me by surprise, but I remained stoic at the screen in front of me.

"That was two weeks ago, Harry. Why are you searching through my history?" I turned to look at him expectantly.

He gave me a pointed look, "You left the tab open."

Oh.

"Oh."

His arms were folded over his chest now, waiting for an explanation.

Realizing he wasn't going to drop it, I spoke, "I was just interested in seeing new apartments."

Unsatisfied with the answer, he frowned, "Oh really?"

I nodded, "Yup."

"That's why you searched for a place hours away?"

In utter anger at him invading my privacy like that, I stood up, "You have no right to tell me what I can and can't do, Harry. So what if I did?"

"What if you did?" He repeated at me as if I didn't know what he knew. "It means that you're trying to find a place- far from me, Selene. That's what that means."

My mouth opened and closed, failing to find the right words. It was true, but I hadn't thought of it like that. I only expanded my search to find a cheaper place than the ones in the city. I didn't realize how selfish I was being, and then another thought flashed into my mind.

"Is that why you're upset?"

He didn't say anything, but I watched his expression soften, a guilty look on his face and his eyes darted from me to the ground. There was something he wasn't telling me, but maybe I was looking into it too much.

"Harry," I whispered. I stepped towards him, but I made no move to touch him. He touched me. His hand rested on the small of my back before he pushed me close to him.

The other hand reached below my butt, on my leg before it slowly snaked its way up my waist. There was another expression that set on his face, his jaw was set and his eyes were hard.

"Prove me wrong," he said softly.

Pulling him in, I shut the door behind him.

***

I pulled the shirt down and over my chest before hopping off the desk. Harry finished zipping up his jeans, his face still as flushed as mine.

He reached for the door, his face written with the same doubt it had before he picked me up by my waist and hoisted me on the table. He felt different when he held me only seconds ago. Distracted, but determined to get the job done, which is why I told him to stop and pushed him away from me. He didn't say anything after I turned away from him, embarrassed at the awkward moment, but he didn't disagree with me.

"I don't know what came over me," he breathed out with a strained tone. "It has nothing to do with you-"

"Get out," I snapped. I wasn't going to let him tarnish the moment any further.

First he lies, then he presses me for the truth, and now he wants to justify the reason why he looked uninterested during sex.

The only explanation was that he was going off with someone behind my back, or that he no longer felt the same about me. I was right about him hiding something, it was more than evident now.

"Out," I spoke harshly when he made no move, but my voice cracked and the stinging in my eyes became unbearable.

I didn't want to look at him as he opened the door and slipped out the small room.