Chapter 14 - Nothing to Hide

BPOV

*knock* *knock*

"Bella? Dear?" Mom said while knocking on my door.

"Mhhm?" I said.

"You'll be late if you don't get up." She said.

I immediately opened my eyes wide, jumped out of bed and checked my clock. "SH******T!! I'm going to be late!" I cursed to myself.

"Mom, did Emmett leave already?" I asked. 

"Yes, he did. You better make it fast. I'll just call a cab." She said.

I did not manage to respond to mom instead I just went inside and have my shower. This day is really bad! I'm going to be late! Is this the side effect of being in love?! Uugghh!! I finished in less than 10 minutes and still have a short time to prepare. I changed to my normal clothes, grabbed my bag then hurriedly jog downstairs. I don't care how I look as long as I can come to school.

The cab waited for me downstairs and I hopped in. I'm terrified of being late and get punishments, that horrible! I began to comb my hair, fixed myself and arranged my ruined things inside my bag. I waited until the driver stopped and I gave him the bill. When I got out of the cab, I spotted Edward leaning beside his volvo. He looked worried, maybe because I wasn't here? I walked as fast as my feet could go and his facial expression changed into something thankful.

"Hey, I thought you're not going to school." He said.

"Yeah, I thought I'll be late." I said.

"Let's go inside?" He asked.

"Uhm, sure." I replied then he asked for my hand.

I looked worriedly at him. I don't like people staring at us later.

"Bella, I already told you. There's nothing else to hide." He said firmly.

I sighed and I know he's right. "Okay." I placed my hand in his and we walked inside the school building hand in hand. 

We went to our lockers and got our books needed. Soon, I did not recognize that Ali, Jas, Rose and Em were already behind us. 

"So, you guys aren't going to tell us what are you?" Rose said raising her eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's not fair." Jas said teasing me and I blushed.

"Ooohh!! Bella's blushing!" Em said being childish again.

I looked down embarrassed and suddenly strong arms pulled me to his side. "Don't worry, I'm here."

"Guys, you know it's kinda obvious. Bella and I were official last night." Edward stated.

The girls squealed with happiness while the boys just smiled and offered their congratulations.

"The bell rang so see yah!" Alice said.

"Bye." I said and they walked to their next class.

"I told you, I will never let you down. We'll face this together." He stared at my eyes full of love.

"I know. We'll face this... *took a deep breath* together." I repeated his line.

The bell rang and we walked to our class hand in hand and avoid the glances of students. We imagined the world with only ourselves and satisfied with each other's love. I love it, how Edward comforted and assured me that he'll always be there. To be my hero, my best friend, my one and only LOVE.