Chapter 27 - Bad News

BPOV

I walked downstairs and sense that no one was around. I grabbed a box of cereal and milk for my breakfast. I wonder where's everybody? It's unusual for them to disappear during weekends, except my brother. After eating and washing my plate, a piece of folded paper caught my attention in the living room table. I picked it up and a note from my parents read, "Honey, your dad and I will be out for just 2 days. We'll be spending some time with our friends in Seattle. Please take care of yourself and Emmett. Love lots! -Mom-"

Why didn't they just told me? Back to the old times where they can just leave a letter for someone. Sighing, I threw the paper in the trash bin and snuggled in the couch while flicking the channels in the television. I spent almost the whole morning lying and watching the lamest tv show. 1 hour later, my eyes grew tired so I went to my room. I was about to let myself relax in the bed when my phone rang. "Ugh! I just want to sleep for god's sake! Stupid phone call!" I grumbled. I answered the call, not bothering to see who.

"Hello!" 

"Woah, someone's not in the mood." 

"Sorry Edward. Uhm, why did you call?"

"Can't I hear the beautiful voice of the beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on?" I rolled my eyes and I swear that he's smirking on the other line.

"I miss you Bella." He said when I didn't answer.

"You just saw me yesterday, isn't it?" 

"But I miss you already. Do you have plans?"

"No. I'll call you later, okay?" 

"Sure, Bye Bella." 

"Bye Edward."

Finally, I could sleep without interuptions. I wrapped myself under my covers and burried my head in my pillows when my phone rang again. What the hell?! I'm just asking for a few time to sleep and now it's ruined because of stupid phone calls.

"Hello?"

"Bella!" Alice squealed and I held the phone away from my ears.

"Could you lower your voice? I'm not deaf." 

"Sorry Bella! I'm just excited."

"Yeah, yeah. Let's hear what has gotten you so hyper."

"Iwaschosenasoneofthestudentstodesigntheupcomingprom!!" 

"What was that?! Alice, you're not talking to someone who has incredible hearing."

"I said that, I was chosen as one of the students to design the upcoming prom. Could you believe it Bella?! Oh god! I'm getting more hyper already!" 

"Okay."

"Seriously Bella? That's what you'll say?"

"Uhm.. Good luck Alice. I'm sure it will be fantastic!" I tried to sound as excited as her but failed miserably.

"Thanks for the support Bella! I'm sure you'll all love it!"

"Bye Alice!"

"Bye Bella!"

(1 hour later)

My stomach growled with hunger. I pushed past the pillows and covers and made my way to the kitchen to make lunch. I decided to do house chores and stuffs to keep myself busy. I changed into a much comfy clothes and pulled my hair into a bun and got started with my cleaning. Few minutes later, I was beyond exhausted after cleaning the house. I rushed upstairs and called Edward to see if he's available to accompany me while doing grocery later. I snatched my phone and he answered after 3 rings.