Chapter 28 - Girls' Day

BPOV

buzz... buzz... buzz...

THUUUUUDDDD!!!

"Ow" I felt the cold floor against my body. "Shit!" I grabbed my phone on the night stand not even bothering who the hell was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Bella!" Ugh, Alice!

"What?!" 

"I'll meet you 9 o'clock flat! We're going to have a girls day out!" I can't help but roll my eyes at her enthusiasm.

"Fine!" I groaned and reluctantly pulled myself away from the floor.

"Bye Bella!"

"Bye."

I did my few human minutes and went downstairs to check on my brother. Emmett's body was almost half way down the couch and his snor grew louder. I felt small amount of pity to my brother. I don't know how and why did Rosalie broke up with him. I let out a nervous sigh and wrote a letter to him before I dashed outside the house. Alice was already there and motion for me to get inside her car. She was never late.

"So, what are we going to do today?" I asked curiously.

"We're going to go to the cafe where Rose will wait for us. Then..." She stopped and thought for a minute. "Oh god, please do not let her drag me to go shopping." I silently prayed.

"Uhm... How about shopping?" Oh god, this is my death already. 

I told her yes, besides, there's no point arguing to Alice with all the puppy dog eyes and pout. 

"Great! Ready to go?" 

"Yep." I turned my attention towards the window beside me. My mind was so preoccupied since last night when I saw my brother drunk. I almost had an heart attack! I didn't notice that we were here until Alice snapped her fingers in front of me.

"Hi Rose!" Alice beamed.

"Hello." Rose whispered still looking down.

"Do you want to order now?" The waiter approached us and we placed our orders. Alice kept stealing glances in my direction and I just shrugged.

"Okay. I don't understand this. I wasn't born yesterday so cut the silence and spill it, Rose!" Alice stammered.

"Bella, I know you knew something. Care to tell me?" 

"I... uh... It's not my uhm... story to tell." I bit my lip. 

Rose finally looked up and she looked like... well, someone who just passed a typhoon. There were dark circles formed under her eyes, no make-up at all, just plain Rosalie. Alice gasped, clearly not expecting that our friend looks like this. "Rose, what's the matter?"

Before Rose could speak, the waiter placed our specific orders and I mouthed thank you. "I broke up with Emmett." 

"What!?" Alice shrieked.

"Alice, I know you're taken aback but please, uhm... we don't want to be the center of attention." I warned and she nodded.

"What do you mean you broke up with him?"

"Like you say, Emmett we're done!" 

Alice stared at her increduluously. "Jeez! Of course I know what is break up. But I mean, why?"