Chapter 25 - Swans' Day

BPOV

Why does months this year dragged by so fast? Maybe, they're just too excited! It has been 2 weeks since Valentine's Day and February's close to end. I just want to go back to that time again. The stuff toy became my Edward during night time and weekends. He's just so sweet in his own way. My daydreaming was cut off when Edward pulled me to him. 

"Bella, were you even listening to me?" 

"Oh, what was that again?" I slightly rubbed my temple. 

"I said that during spring break my family will be visiting Alaska."

"Okay, will you stay very long?" 

He tuck the strand of my hair behind my ears. "Maybe 3-5 days."

"Wow, it's long."

"Just promise to call me and not to do anything reckless, okay?"

"Yeah, I promise to call you but when it comes to being clumsy, I don't think I could promise."

He chuckled and pulled me into a hug. "I love you, Bella." He whispered in my ear.

"As I love you, Edward."

We went to our biology class and the rest of the morning subjects came to an end. I found myself sitting in the usual seats in the cafeteria. Edward will be gone for 3-5 days. I felt bad because I know that I'll miss him so much. I don't know if I were staring in a blank space again because I caught Rose waving in my direction. 

"Bella, are you okay?" Rose asked.

"Uhm. yeah." 

"Okay, now that everyone is listening, we will go to a clubhouse later and you'll all be having a sleepover at our house." Alice said.

I was about to say something and she answered me like she could predict what I will ask. "Don't worry Bella, my mom already talked to your parents and they agreed."

I nodded and felt strong arms wrapped me in my waist. I leaned closer to Edward and listened to Alice's plan. 

"After class, you need to go home and bring or pack your things."

We all nodded and mumbled our "okays" to her. She squealed happily and exited with Jasper hot on her heels. Emmett began booming and felt very excited too about the plan. Rose looked annoyed while listening to his excitement. We left the canteen and head to our next class. I just had a feeling that this is bad. I don't want to go to the clubhouse. 

The whole afternoon, my head felt like it's on fire. I felt dizzy but pushed it back. I don't want to ruin our plans for later. After all the exams and other problems, I just want to relax and be happy. And I know that later will be the perfect time for it. But something at the back of my mind, tells me that something isn't right. I just don't get why.

Edward and I were walking to his car because he'll drive me home to get my things. I was about to grab the handle when suddenly my dizziness came back and darkness took over. 

EPOV

I carried Bella to the clinic as fast as I could. What in earth just happened? The nurse instantly opened the door and instructed me to place her in the bed. She looked pale. My poor Bella, what happened to her? The nurse examined her temperature and she said that she's experiencing a minor fever. Moments later, she mumbled my name. I got up from the chair and stroked her temple.

"I'm here, Bella."

"What happened? Why was I here?" 

"I don't know. All I know was that you fell to the ground."