Chapter 33 - Surprise?

BPOV

It has been 3 days since I had gotten out of the damned hospital, finally free from the dextrose and all shit. I could still feel pains all over my body especially my head and the doctor required me more rest than stress. I felt frustrated, lying in my bed, doing nothing. Well, thanks to my overly protective parents! My mind often drifted to the talk Alice and I had while I was still at the hospital. 

~Flashback~

"Bella..." 

"Hey, Alice. What's up?" I asked.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and my heart broke at the sight of her.

"It wasn't your fault, Alice." I adjusted my body from the hospital bed and took her hand in mine.

"Edward never want to hurt you, Bella. We all know how flirtatious bitch Tanya could be and no one expected to see her that day. Please don't let it blind you from the truth. Give him another chance. I know that he put on a mask but he has been a wreck and worst is that, he blamed himself for what had happened." Alice stared in my eyes and tears welled up.

"I forgave him but I just want to have some space. I don't blame him for what happened to me, that I ended up in the hospital because as you can see, I'm a danger magnet. I promise to talk to him after I sort out things and even though things might never be the same again, I know that we'll go through this." I explained and she hugged me tightly.

"I know and I understand you. It happened to Jasper and I before but what's meant to be will always be, right? And I believe that it will be the same for both of you." She smiled and prepared to get up from her seat.

"Yeah. Thanks, Alice."

"I better get going. Get well soon, Bella." She said and I nodded.

Alice stopped in her tracks and said, "He loves you so much and I know you do too." She closed the door, leaving my mouth open.

~Flashback ends~

"Knock, knock." I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Emmett entering my room.

"Hey, Bells!" 

"Hi Em. So what's up?" 

"Nothing. I just wanna hang out with my baby sister."

"I'm not a baby." I whined. 

I stared at him and a light blush appeared on his cheeks. Oh god! Emmett would never blush unless something's up... "Wanna tell me what's going on with your head?"

He feigned a confused look and I narrowed my eyes. "You better tell me now. Time is gold, brother dear." 

"I'vetalkedtoRosieaboutus." He muttered faster than a lightning bolt.

"Huh? Could you please slow down? I'm born human, not a vampire with super sensitive hearing."

"Uh... I mean, Rose and I, you know, talked." He muttered.

"Oh. So what did she said? Tell me everything, Em!" I demanded.

"Well, I don't know where to start." He rubbed the back of his head, smiling sheepishly.

"Of course, you need to start from the beginning." I rolled my eyes and made him continue.

"She said that, she will be giving me one more chance..."

I literally jumped on my bed and gave him the best bone crushing hug I could muster. "Good luck, bro."

"Yeah. And we're taking things slow. But all I need is her giving me chance again. No matter how long we take things slow as long as I know that we will be together."