Chapter 16

Hey Angels!!

PLZ READ: MY DAD IS DECIDING TO CUT OFF THE WIFI BECAUSE OF THE HIGH PRICE. SO THIS BOOK MIGHT BE ON HOLD. BUT DO NOT WORRY I WILL CONTINUE TO WRITE CHAPTERS AND TRY TO POST THEM. PLZ FORGIVE ME.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Clary's P.O.V

"Um Jace you all right?" I asked him as he catch up to me.

I asked him that because minutes ago he complemented on my look, and he never does that. Also because he just told me to wait up.

"Um yeah? Why do you ask?" He asked me with one raised eyebrow. I then notice that he has no idea what I am talking about.

I shook my head and mumbled a nevermind.

As Jace and I were about to go out the door, I got rudely pulled by...

"Sebastian?" I screeched.

"Woah. Where do you think you're going....gorgeous? You do know that cameras are in the same room as the dressers and the makeup station..... Right? " He said while pulling me towards some women behind some cameras.

Each step I took, the closer my eyes burnt because of the camera flashes.

"Oh great your here!" Helen said coming towards Sebastian and me. "Okay since Sebastian already took his individual shots and Aline is doing hers right now....soo, when Aline is done your up next." She told me. I then nodded.

I went over to where all the technology stuff is. Like the laptops,  the printers, etc.

Beep. Beep. Beep, the apple laptop went, when a photo is taken.

All of them are Aline with different poses and behind Aline was a large white sheet to look like the background.

I then notice that she is wearing a white shirt, that is strapless and some denim shorts with spikes by the pockets.

When the slideshow of Aline stopped, I turned around and headed to the white background, since I'm up next.

"Okay Clary give me some seriousness mixed with sexiness." The woman behind the camera told me.

I do as I'm instructed to do.

After I did that pose, more cameras were surrounding me, capturing every angle of me.

After I did a couple of more poses, which I learned from Izzy, the woman behind the camera told me that, that was enough for today and that I should take a rest.

When I finished my individual shots, I went to that table that was full of water bottles and snacks. I grabbed a water bottle and opened it and then took a big gulp out of it.

It was simply refreshing.

Even though all I did was stand and pose.

I was Almost done with my water bottle, when I heard a bunch of clicks made by cameras. I then turn to where the sound is coming from.

I found a bunch of cameras surrounding our golden god, Jace.

I tried not too look at him, but my green eyes won't peel off his golden tan skin. Well more likely his muscles.

A part of me is saying to stop but the other part of me is saying why not look at them? He is flexing them and. Oh god.. Is he sweating?

Soon enough, his gold gaze met mine. He then put on his signature smirk and winked at me.

I rolled my eyes and turned my gaze to another direction and hoping that he doesn't see my cheeks flaming.

Ok this day has been the weirdest day ever. First, Jace is talking to me, not teasing me or throwing hurtful words at me, but... Possibly..Starting a civil conversation? Second, he complimented on my look. Third, he told me to wait up, why would he want to walk by my side? Fourth, he winked at me! Winked at me... He hasn't done that since...... Freshmen year!

Is he—? Restarting the whole thing!? No. No no no. NO.

I can't—No I will not go through that again. I will not cry myself to sleep every night. I will not make the same mistakes. I will not get pushed around by the Jace Herondale.

I was so stupid. Stupid. Back then. Letting him push me around letting him throw hurtful words at me. And all for what! Other than leading up to the worst mistake of my life!

I almost died for god sake!

All....because.... I was hopelessly in love with him.

I don't know for how long I was spaced out but I know I'm in the verge of tears spilling out.

'Look at something bright. Sometimes it helps' . A familiar voice says in the back of my head. I do what that familiar voice says and oddly it's working. I can  already feel my tears drying away.

Tessa. She said that to me on that night.

The night that I was in the hospital bed.

I could still smell the air, like it happened yesterday; full of sickness, helplessness, confusion, fear, and anxiety that once flooded my senses.

"Okay we are done! Excellent job! The director said that we will start shooting next week, so be prepared." Helen exclaimed very cheerfully.

Everyone applaud cheerfully. While others are making whooping noises.

But I did none of that.

I sprinted towards the door. I then head downstairs (skipping a few)  and hoping not to stumble and trip. Once I'm downstairs, I gaze around until I found what I'm looking for. Another door, but this door is the exit to room, D405.

I run towards it.

People giving me weird glances. And Other people not even noticing the tears that broke the barrier and are now spilling down my cheeks and landing peacefully on my white lacy shirt.

This only made me run faster. As fast as my small legs can go.

Dodging people on the way.

Almost tripping.

But it was worth it.

I am now running out Val's studios and heading towards my car.

Once I got in my car, I let the tears spill away freely. The, whimpers that are now sobs, escape my mouth.

I turn on the engine of my car and step on it.