Chapter 33

Clary's P.O.V

I graze my lips with the tip of my fingers. There still a little bit moist and warm from the kiss that I shared with Jace. I shook my head in defeat, I would never understand our relationship. I mean we haven't really talked about it. Well you were ignoring him, a voice in the back of my mind kept on nagging me. I sigh deeply, knowing it was true. But to be fair we haven't made it official, for all I know he could be sleeping with girls who could actually bring pleasure to him and—stop! Don't think that way. Just focus on the mission.

Right. The mission where I sneak into Valentine's office and gather the information I need—I mean we. The information we need.

Stop lying to yourself, the little voice said inside my head. Ugh fine yes, I admit I am doing this for myself. I know it's a bit selfish, but I am certain that the father that read bedtime stories to me, gave me piggy back rides, protected me at any cost is still in there.

Besides I don't think Valentine is stupid enough to actually hide anything important in his office. He would hide his valuables somewhere very hidden, like Idris. Idris is a small country that mostly no knows about. Very few families have branched from there, for example: the Lightwood's, Herondale's, Fairchild's, Morgenstern's, and much more families that I have yet too discover. That's why Alec went to Idris to gather all the things that Valentine left behind in the Morgenstern manor.

The manor. I blink the tears away as the sweet and bitter memories come rushing to me like a waterfall.

In fact Alec left to Idris days ago. Maybe He will come home soon. I should really call him and see how he is doing. I shook my head to discard any further thoughts because I am getting way to distracted.

I took my phone out from my pocket, the one that didn't contain the screw driver, and turned on the flashlight that was installed on my phone. The abandoned set seemed unmoved ever since they stopped shooting. There were spider webs and dust surrounding the chairs and floor.

I let my gaze trail for an exit, surely there must be a way out of here and into Val's studios. I spot a door by a table, which was scattered with red plastic cups and styrofoam plates covered with a green-gooey substance. I wrinkled my nose in disgust and make my way towards the door, rather quickly if I might add.

The door was a faded blue color and was one of those push-the-handle-to-open. I push the handle once and it wouldn't budge. I push a second time, and this time I added kicking, but still no use. I groan in irritation. Third time is a charm, I thought and tried again, but with more use of my shoulder. Thump–the door opened.

At first I'm blinded with light. I bring my hands up to shield my face from the blinding light. I blink until my eyes adjust to the light. Once my vision was cleared, I turn off the flash on my phone and tuck it away in my outside pocket. I sigh and rubbed my shoulder. I'm pretty sure there is going to be a bruise later.

I looked around and see that I'm in a hallway. I looked down at the cracked tiles and at the plain white walls. This part of Val's Studios seems very unsanitary, not that I mind a messy room, but I at least have the decency to clean up my room one or twice a month.

I fix my wig and turn left and walk through the plain white walls. Simon and I found a map of Val's Studios, so I stayed up late at night to memorize the map and just in case I forget it, I have a picture of the map on my phone, but I highly doubt that I will forget it, since I practically have a good memory.

I stop, since a door is blocking my way. I hear foot steps and noise behind the door. I raise my hand to the door knob and twist it. I head out the door and close it in a flash, but as quiet as possible. I take a deep breath and raise my head up and put a confident stride on my steps, so I can blend in with the other busy workers.