Chapter 35

Clary P.O.V

It was almost six in the morning when I got out of my car that was parked right outside of Magnus's huge apartment. I woke up quite early, so I could meet Alec at the airport. Jace, who woke up right next to me, insisted on coming along. I was about to head to the nearest airport, but suddenly remembered Magnus. Surely he would want to see his boyfriend, so I took an illegal u-turn and headed towards Magnus's flat.

I looked up at the sky to see it was cloudy and sure enough it was drizzling. I dash through the stairs and knocked at the door, loudly. No answer, so I try again. Still no answer. It seemed as the house was abandoned. I sigh impatiently and pound at the door with more force. "Magnus! Get your ass up or I swear I will—,"

"What in the name of the angel do you—!" He stopped and stared at me wide eyed. I returned his same expression, but a flicker of fury ran through my eyes and I know he saw it as he stepped back. I couldn't believe my eyes he told me he was coming today at seven in the morning! Did he get his dates mixed up? If he did, couldn't he bother to tell me!

"Alec!" I said through my clenched teeth. He paled even more that his dark blue eyes were very visible against his skin. "What are you doing here! I thought you were coming today!?" I step closer to him, daring him to lie to me. He stepped back into Magnus's flat and his shirt got caught in the vine-like door knob, making his shirt go down and expose more of his collarbone.

Something caught my eye—a red spot turning purple by its sides, right below his collarbone. I squint my eyes and step towards him to get a better look at it. I can confirm that definitely isn't a forming bruise. My eyes become wide with relazation. Alec followed my gaze and quickly unhooked his shirt and straighten it down.

"I—you see I came today—no." Alec cleared his throat and continued. "I mean yesterday." He laughed nervously and scratched the back of his neck. I step closer to him, which lead me to enter Magnus's fench-styled home. I narrow my eyes at him and clench my hands into fists.

"This is more important than your sexual needs, Alec!" I shout at him in rage. I saw something flashed behind his blue eyes; It was the only thing that made me stop my out of control rage that was bubbling inside of me by the minute. That's the least thing I wanted to do: hurt his feelings. I have to get out of here and real soon.

My head snapped towards the sound of footsteps. "Woah okay. Lets try to calm down." Jace said as he closed the door behind him. I took in the sight of him, he was slightly drenched in water. His white shirt clung to him making his chest slightly visible. I averted my gaze elsewhere. "It's raining cats and dogs out there!" He added in hope of changing the topic.

I see Alec open his mouth, ready to speak but I held up my hand and said to him, my voice dull, "Stop I don't want to hear your pathetic protests." And I honestly don't. He knew I was desperate for whatever he found in my old home. He could have at least called me and I could've gotten the files myself. "I would like the things that I came for and leave as soon as possible, please." I held my gaze away from his eyes, afraid of seeing hurt in them. The flower vase that was sitting on the coffee table was suddenly more interesting with its vibrant colors and swirling shapes. In the corner of my eye I saw him nod. He turned around a headed to what seemed Magnus's bedroom.

I released my breath, that I didn't even know I was holding, and slumped my shoulders. I look at the ground and thought about what I just did. I almost got out of control because of my only brother-figure stupid actions and it pained me to have hurt him with such meaningless words. But of course the words did have meaning, for 'Words are weapons,"