Chapter 32

Jace P.O.V

Today was the meeting with Valentine and I was beyond anxious. The memory of the bullet being impaled in my fathers chest, right in his heart, was still fresh since this morning. The memory or the dream was then followed by my mothers wails, even though she cheated on him, she still loved him.

But she had no right to be grieving for him. She had no right! She was the one that cheated on him. She was the one that caused my father pain. She-not only hurt my father who loved her and worked his ass off for her-but she hurt me too!

My dad worked and worked double shifts just to get a roof under our heads. My family wasn't like the Lightwoods who were beyond rich or the Fairchild's who were an average family with an average pay. It was my father who actually provided us with our needs. And where was my mom? She would abandon me every time my father left for work.

"I will be right back just a quick stroll by the grocery store. I will be back in ten minutes, promise." My mother had told me, but then minutes turned into hours. She would always come back late at night, with her lipstick smudged and her shirt loose, almost dangling from her shoulders for dear life. I was eight at the time but I wasn't stupid.

I know what I saw.

Quiet frankly, I believed-for a moment-that she was visiting my dad at work but then again she was young, in her early twenties and my father was at his thirties at the time. She was nothing but a gold digger, who abandoned me to deal with my fathers death.

I got on my black Ferrari. I took three deep breaths right before twisting the key and turning the engine on. It takes about twelve minutes to get to Val's studios, so I might as well get a head start.

I was about to park my car in front of the entrance of Val's studios, when I suddenly saw a familiar BMW creeping out of the side of the building. I hit the gas pedal gently and made my way towards the BMW. As I make my way towards the car I see Magnus leaning by the car, but he seems to have company.

I park beside his BMW and got off to greet him and this mysteries woman that was by his side. I then notice the woman had blond hair that curved right under her ears and pale skin that looked familiar to me. There were black tinted glasses covering her eyes and there were a couple of freckles sprinkled below the glasses. I notice that she was wearing a beige skinny trench coat and some leggings. I squint at her.

"Do I know you?" I said in a stern voice, since I don't like meeting new people. She smirked at me and took off her glasses, which let me see her familiar and captivating emerald eyes.

"Do I really look that different, Jace?" Clary said tilting her head a little with her smirk still fresh on her face. She slipped her glasses in her right pocket of her coat, which happened to be holding something else.

I stared a her wide eyed. "Did-did you dyed your blond!?" I asked her in a bewildering tone. "And cut it!?" Why would she do that? I loved her tameless red hair of hers. The times I've spent dreaming about grazing my fingers through her long red hair.

Before I can continue my depressing thoughts about her red hair she said, "Oh angels no! It's just a wig, Izzy's touch." She touched the fake wig as if an instinct.

I choke back a sigh of relief.

"Was the trench coat Izzy's touch too?" I said with an eyebrow raised. She rolled her eyes at me and I suppressed the urge to laugh because she looked cute when she did that.

"Oh no that was all me." Magnus said. I glanced down to his outfit and started examining it. He wore some maroon vans and acid-washed skinny jeans and to top it off he had a neon blue shirt. While as I just threw on the first shirt I saw and some jeans.