Chapter 31

Clary's P.O.V

"So will you help us?" I ask Simon while walking on the sidewalk and also making our way to Java Jones. The gang decide to discuss our Valentine problem in Java Jones, which is a quiet famous coffeeshop known world wide. But there is also a private Java Jones where the celebrities or rich people can hang and that is where me and Simon are heading too.

"You know I will, Fray." Simon told me with a smile. I return his smile, but sweeter. I got to admit I missed him calling me Fray, even though it was my fake last name that I used for a couple of years. But Simon knew the truth behind my fake last name, in fact he knows the whole truth about me. Why wouldn't he? He's the person I most trust.

I grab a hold of his hand and give it a hard squeeze, a gesture that I do often when I'm thankful for them. He squeezes it back and shot me a smirk.

I take a deep breath and head towards the Java Jones door. I push the door open and hear a little jingle coming above me. I take a glance around and try to spot some familiar faces. My eyes stop immediately when I see golden curls. My eyes landed on Jace, as they always did and to my surprise he already spotted me.

I gave him a smile, which he didn't return. Instead he was glaring at something. I follow his gaze and stopped where my hand is interlocked with Simon's.

Simon being Simon spots Izzy first, which also happens to be glaring at our interlocked hands. I raise my eyes up to Simon, he does the same. We both have our 'what's wrong' look.

Wait. Oh! Simon is dating Izzy and Jace and me have a....complicated relationship. That means that they're jealous! Seems to be that Simon finally gets its and quickly dispatches his hand from mine. I did the same, rather quickly if I might add.

We awkwardly walk towards their booth and sit down across from them.

"So..." I start saying, "Is Alec and Magnus coming..." In hope of starting a conversation. I stare directly at Jace waiting for an answer, who happens to be still glaring at Simon. It takes him a moment before realizing I was talking to him.

He looked on me and hesitated before answering, but then thought better of it and just shrugged.

I mentally sigh. Great now he's mad at me!

A waitress came by our table and took our order. As usual I ordered black coffee, like my soul. Simon ordered a strawberry-banana smoothie. Jace ordered a mint coffee, that I didn't even know it existed, and Isabelle ordered a pumpkin spice latte.

So here I am staring at my uncapped coffee, which was brought to me in less than five minutes. Once I decided that my black coffee has cool down and won't burn my tongue, I put the cap back on and took a zip.

Haa, I sigh in relief. I missed the warm feeling that coffee would give me once it spread to my veins. It was like a warm blanket that was always covered with energy and warmness. Coffee is always what I need. Its like a drug to me, I can't live without it.

I hear a jingle coming towards the entrance of Java Jones and sigh in relief when I saw Alec and Magnus coming towards us. Magnus looking his sharp self and Alec looking uncomfortable with himself. As usual I could read Alec as an open book.

He and I just to be really close. We had this sibling bond that couldn't be broken, only forgotten.

Sure I had Jon, but Jon would treat me like I was still this little fragile girl who needed protecting. And I sometimes couldn't stand it and I had to get away, I knew he was doing it to look out for me but still...A girl has to live.