Epilogue

Clary P.O.V

My feet touched the slightly cracked pavement with a soft thud, Jace following behind. It wasn't warm out side, but their was a gentle cool breeze that made me get goosebumps. I yawned and stretch my arms out towards the sky.

"Ah, now this is home." Valentine, my father said as he motioned to Val's studios. I smiled weekly at him and nodded slowly. Once the trial ended, my father decided to go home immediately and I couldn't agree with him more; Alicante brings back sweet, but bitter memories.

I yawned once more and felt my eyes getting heavier. Maybe it wasn't such great idea coming back to Val's studios immediately after my father's trial ended. Exhaustion was creeping over my like a tsunami in slow motion.

"You're back!" At the sound of the voice my eyes shot open and my hand outstretched out quickly to grab onto something, so I wouldn't fall. My hand grasp Jace's elbow—who I didn't notice until now—was walking beside me.  I gave him a grateful smile and turned to glare at the person who woke up my sleepwalking. But the glare turned into an icy-dagger glare as I saw Helen hugging my father.

I gurgled down my jealousy and released my hold on Jace, drowsiness slipping away. I put my head down in shame and walk towards them. "Hi. . . Helen." I said meekly. I took a step back and froze as her hands clasped around me. "I'm glad your all back and not thrown into the dungeon."

I had to laugh at her wordplay. "I'm pretty sure they still have does in Idris." She bobbed her head to the side, twice and said, "Wouldn't be surprised."

"Come on Clarissa your tired. The bedrooms are on the sixth floor." My father said. I yawned and told him I am wide awake. He shook his head and clasped his hand around my elbow, a laugh escaping him. I mumbled an okay.

I look at Jace and see he is just behind me, probably about five feet away from me. He winked at me and I quickly turn around to face ahead. A tiny smile formed on my lips, as I felt my cheeks growing hot. While I was feeling warm and fuzzy, my father tensed and gripped his hold on me. I looked up to him and scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. He let out a sigh, but his hold on me didn't waver. "I don't trust him. Not after what he's done."

A goofy smile appeared on my face. "It's okay dad. I forgave him." I put my hand over his and gripped it. The stern look didn't change at all and the tense line in his throat was still visible. I held in a giggle and leaned my head on his shoulder. I miss him being overprotective of me.

Once we arrived to a stainless steel elevator. I held out my hand and was about to press the button, but was stopped by the sound of my father's voice, "Oh, before I forget—" He reached out to his pocket of his black slacks and took out a piece of paper and then handed it to Helen. "—It's from your father, Helen."

Her mouth gaped open and closed. She opened it again, almost as if she was about to say something, but closed it again. She hesitantly reached out her arm and took the piece of paper out of my father's hand. Helen opened the letter carefully. Her eyes glossed over and a genuine smile appeared on her face.

"They want to see me. Everybody—Julian, Ty, Mark, my father—everybody!" She choked out. Her eyes flicked over to my father, "Thank you." She simply said to him and you could tell she meant it with her whole heart. She then turned around and headed off somewhere.

"Okay I'm off to my office and remember There are multiple bedrooms you can choose from." My father said as his eyes swept over to me and Jace. I saluted him and said yes sir. He gave me a tiny smile and looked at Jace and his expression turned serious. Jace, looking uneasy under my father's gaze, cleared his throat and nodded.