Chapter 30

*Time Lapse, 3 weeks later*

Clary's P.O.V

I am sitting at home eating some popcorn while scrolling through the media on my phone. Billions of fans posting on how disappointed they are with me for not finishing the movie, Gone Forever. And who could blame them? They have the right to be disappointed in me and honestly...I'm pretty disappointed in myself too.

After I found out that Valentine was the one producing the movie, I straight-down quit, well after Jace and I created a scene, that no one knows about....hopefully.

Yes, I did get a lecture from my mom, basically saying that I should always finish what I started, but when I told her about Valentine, she....just hanged up on me. And yes, I did get a fuming Magnus on my door step. And yes, I did had to pay some dollar bills because I broke my contact.

But that was all the rage last week and I'm glad it ended, or so I thought so.

Ever since I found out of the whereabouts of my father, I've been tense. Turns out that my father, Valentine Morgenstern, is a multi-millionaire and famous-movie-making producer. And the fact that he has been doing great and living in a luxurious place, is bugging me very much.

I was so stupid for not paying attention. I should of known that my father wouldn't just leave my family alone. He wouldn't give up so easily. He's a Morgenstern, for crying out loud!

The first clue just walked up to me, literally.

Sebastian. Sebastian was the first clue. My mind somehow knew, but I just didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to face the truth. Didn't want to Believe the similarities or the resemblance that they both share.

I think it was his resemblance to my father that made me want to be close to him. To be in good terms with. Because to be honest I missed my father, I missed my dad.

Is just...I've always been...daddy's little girl.

At this point I abandon my phone and the, now, cold popcorn. I ran to my room and lock the door and then went inside my bathroom and did the same, slammed the door and locked it.

'Good thing no one is here to hears my sobs' I told myself.

I dropped to my knees and hugged them against my chest. A sob escaped my mouth. Then two, then three, then—I don't know I lost count.

My father wasn't always like this. We used to be close like a normal daughter and father would, but not only that, he was my friend. I was the one to take the hardest blow out of all my family. I was the one who suffered the most on the discovery that my father cheated on my mother.

'Why, just why father, were we not good enough? Was mom or Jon not good enought? Was I not good enough for you father? I tried my best father, I know I did, so why?' I used to think that every night after he left.

But then again I was nine at the time, so I was just a stupid little girl who was new to the world of pain and greif.

I sat up straight with my back against the cold door and my pale legs against the rough tiles. Silent tears were rolling down my cheeks like a clogged up waterfall.

I picked myself up and turned on the light. Right know darkness is my only friend, so sometimes I let it consume me, easily. Besides I'm not afraid of the dark.