Chapter 34

Clary P.O.V

"And where the hell have you been." Was the first thing I heard when I closed the pale door that belonged to me and Izzy's house, or as Simon calls it, 'the mansion liar', behind me. Honestly I would have been happy with a four-bedroom house, but no Izzy wanted something that fitted her personality more; Bubbly and sparkly, which I don't get how getting a mansion describes her personality. "It's almost 9:30 at night!"

I didn't have to turn around to see who the voice belonged to. I sighed and replied a simple, "Out." To Jace. I took off my coat and placed it on the long beige couch, before I head to the kitchen, with the others on my tail.

"Can you at least tell us where out was?" Izzy asked me. Out was just me sitting on a bench next to an abandon park for hours. I looked at her and decide to not answer her because if I did I would have to tell them about Valentine. I'm  actually debating if I should tell them. But the real question is, will they believe me?

I head over to the fridge and lazily do a once over. "Do we have leftovers from Taki's." I asked curiously because the conversation with my father made me hungry.

"Are you seriously going to leave us hanging, Clary?" Magnus asked with a grin plastered on his face. I gave him a withering look, for the fact that he finds this amusing.

I closed the fridge and sat down on a bar stool. "Leave you hanging on what, exactly?" I asked them, innocently. I kicked out my feet like a five year old and swayed my body around, since the seat of the bar stool can turn around. I looked around and saw an annoyed Isabelle and Jace, an amused Magnus, and a worried Simon.

I met Simon's gaze. 'Are you alright' he said with his familiar brown eyes. I try to form a genuine smile, but failed miserably. I give up with a defeating sigh. Simon walked beside me and put his arm around my shoulders. I instinctively leaned in to his touch, yearning for some comfort. Only Simon knows when something is bothering me. He could see through every facade that I ever built. The same with me, I can see through him like glass.

"I . . . . don't think that Valentine . . ." I started and buried my head on Simon's chest. He tighten his hold on me, encouraging me to go on. With a deep breath, I finish my sentence. "killed your father Jace." Simon released me and looked at me, slightly shocked.

Disbelief laced Jace's voice, "How can you say that if you accused him just days ago!" He took a step closer to me with an enraged look in his eyes and almost instantly Simon blocked him, separating him from me. Something flashed in Jace's eyes, almost as if he woke up from a trance. He parted his lips and stepped back, in surprise.

I released a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. I grip the stool as I thought about the look that was on Jace's eyes. I knew that look; I am familiar with the look. He would always get it when he was mad or whenever he is ready to pounce at something or someone.

"I'm just saying. . . I didn't find anything in his office." I look at them, never breaking eye contact with Jace. I kept my voice firm and strong, so they know that I'm telling them the truth.

"Clary when you texted me, you didn't. . . . did you?" Simon said gently as he turned around facing me. My eyes glossed over and I slowly nodded. I heard an intake of breath and a groan. I looked down in shame.

"I talked to him for a few hours and found out some things about Helen and—"

"Clary did you ever thought that he could be lying to you! He could've manipulated you into believing him! Clary he is just leading you on to save his own ass!" Jace shouted at me. I shook my head and tears threatened to escape.