0.9

neun

•the only time a goodbye is painful, is when you know you will never say hello again•

Marco arrived at Alex's home as soon as she told him everyone had gone out. Marco felt relieved that his old love had allowed him back into her life as such. He missed her, and would do the absolute anything to even be friends with her.

Alex on the other hand did not like deceiving Luke, they were meant to be in a committed relationship and lying was not apart of that, neither was inviting your old love around to talk. But she took a deep breath and opened the door to allow Marco in, forgetting the negative thoughts and the implications she could receive from doing this.

"The living room is just through there, I'm just going to get Marco." And with that, Alex disappeared up the stairs, leaving Marco Reus to wonder to the living room. This would be the first time he had seen the house the Evans family have lived in since moving to London. It was posh, large and the whole house was quite beautiful, Marco thought. Just like Al.

"Marco, you can go and play football later," Alex walked in with the small boy on her hip, he threw a tantrum having to leave his play room to come and sit with his mom and a stranger. Reus smiled to himself, he can remember being that young and football obsessed, mini Marco reminded him a lot like himself.

"Sorry about that," Alexander gave a small smile, but felt at ease as she did not know what to say to Marco, she knew the conversation was going to be dry.

Marco smiled back, he watched as the little boy ran over to a small group of toys, "he reminds me a little of myself, football obsessed that is." He chuckled. Alex held her breath for a second due to what Marco had just said, she knew this was dangerous territory and if Marco was to stay in Alex's life, it would be only a matter of time before he knew the truth.

Since the day she found out she was pregnant, Alex had wanted to tell Marco about his son. It wasn't right keeping it a secret from him but Alex just didn't know when to tell him.

Alexander knew the day would finally come when she told Marco about their son, but with him living in Dortmund and Alex in London, it would be difficult for the young boy to see both of his parents. She could also guess that Marco would want parental rights, that Alex was 100% willing to give to him, she was not the type to stop a man from loving his child, no matter what that man might have done to her.

After a few long pauses in between Marco and Alexander's conversations, she decided that her son should come over and talk to his dad, even if neither of the Marco's knew what was right in front of them.

"Marco sweetie, this is the footballer, Marco Reus," Alexander told her son, she had the idea that her son knew who the man was in front of him, however the younger Marco tended to get shy with new people.

"You have the same name as me!" The younger Marco exclaimed, he had a cheeky smile on his face.

Reus chuckled, "I do indeed. I see you are football obsessed."

Their son giggled, "I want to grow up and play for Arsenal!"

Marco turned and looked at Alex, smirking slightly, "Arsenal really? Your whole family used to be huge Dortmund fans!"

"We still are but this one loves Arsenal, but you can thank Mesut for that," Alex replied.

Marco didn't like the thought of Mesut and Alexander together, however he knew that it wouldn't happen sometime soon with Alex being with that other lad. "Tell me you like the German team?" Marco looked down at the small lad in front of him.