1.8

achtzehn

It had been a few days since the move to Germany and into Marco's home and it had gone well for both Alex and Junior. The little boy was settled after a few hectic months and Alex was happy that he was happy.

Marco had a week left of his holiday until he had to report back to team training and he wished he had longer. Alex's birthday was in two days and he cursed himself for not having anything big planned. He knew she didn't want to go away for it, she and Junior had done enough travelling for a while so he decided on having a small meal at his home, with his family joining.

He didn't know whether inviting his family was the right thing to do but they hadn't met Junior or Alex properly and this was a way of breaking the ice. The footballer was also planning on making it public that he was indeed a father later in the day, he had to wait for Alex to return from the shops as he wanted her next to him when he did it.

Marco and Junior were kicking a ball around in the garden when Alex returned home. It was late afternoon and she was glad to see her little boy as it had been a good five hours. "You hungry?" Alex asked Marco as they all gathered in the kitchen.

"Very," Marco smiled. He enjoyed having Alex here, she was an amazing cook and he had been eating proper home-cooked meals since she had moved in.

"I'll make something up then. Why don't you take Junior for a bath and get him ready for bed?" Marco nodded and picked up their son and took him upstairs.

Soon the two Marco's returned, one in his pyjamas and the other with a towel around his waist. "Did you have a bath too?" Alex asked, looking between the two Marco's.

Marco rolled his eyes, playfully glaring at his son, "this little monkey thought it would be a good idea to splash water all over me. There was more water outside of the bath than in it."

Alex started to giggle, along with Junior. She knew how he was with bath times, he loved them even though he did get everything soaked. Junior ran off into the play room which was through a door off the kitchen, leaving a half naked Marco, and Alex together.

"You knew he would be like that didn't you?" Marco shaking his head, laughing.

"Nope," Alex shook her head, smirking as Marco approached her, she was glad he was taking on the role of a father quite well and was impressed with how he was with kids.

"It's not good to lie Al," Marco's body was practically touching Alex's. If he had gotten any closer, well it was merely impossible to get any closer to one another.

"I miss us Al," Marco whispered as if it was a secret. He was waiting for the right time to tell her this and he felt now was that time.

"It's not good to lie Marco," Alex mused, she didn't know if he was being serious but it felt right and this is what Alex had wanted since seeing him those months ago.

Marco rolled his eyes at Alex copying his words, he wished she'd take this seriously because the German wasn't good with showing his feelings and he was starting to regret saying that now. Instead of replying, Marco titled Alex's chin up to face him and slowly moved in for a kiss.

There they were, kissing again in Marco's kitchen. It felt right, they both felt like it was the right thing to do, however there was still a sinking feeling in both of their stomachs that thought it was too soon.

• • •

"Goodnight Marco," Alex spoke as they walked to their rooms upstairs.

"I need you to come in here," Marco pointed to his room. He still hadn't made his statement and it needed to be done now and he wanted Alex there with him. "I've got to post that statement, and I want you next to me."