2.0

"Marco say something," Alex urged the German in front of her to speak, it had been five long minutes since Alex had told him the news and he had not said a word, just stared into his hands.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," Juniors voice broke the silence as stood in the doorway of Marco's room, Alexander nodded and glanced at Marco before leaving his room with Junior.

"How long have you known about this?" Marco's voice startled Alex as she cleaned up the mess she had made in the kitchen.

"For a month I had my suspicions and that's why I went back to England to confirm it."

Marco shook his head, "why didn't you tell me." He was hurt by the fact she didn't tell him sooner, everything would've of been different, he would've stopped being the player he was known to be and cared for Alex. This was all new to him and considering he wasn't there the first time around, he wanted to be there this time.

Alex sighed, "because Marco first I was hurt and upset, then I was happy, and then I was stressed. It's all been a mixture of emotions and I just don't know how to deal with it all."

"You've got me to help you," Marco moved over to Alex, "I feel so shit that I wasn't there the first time around with Junior, I'm here every step of the way with this little one, you're not going through this alone anymore."

Alex nodded, she couldn't find the words to reply, she was relived she finally had someone to look after her other than her family, she just wanted it to work out.

"I'm scared though Al, this is my second child and I should know what to do but I don't. I don't have a clue of how to raise a baby, how to look after one properly. I've looked after Nico and Mia when they were younger, but it's different when it's your own," Marco said after a moment of thought. He was right to be scared, but at the same time, he was happy that he was about to become a father again. That was all he had ever wanted with a girl like Alex.

"Like you said, we've got each other. It's all about learning with your own children, I had to learn with Junior. You'll be fine, we'll be fine and you'll be a great father just like you are to Junior," Alex replied. Marco smiled and kissed Alex on the forehead, they would get through this together.

• • •

Alexander hadn't told any of her family a part from Kaiser and she wanted to keep it that way. Marco had insisted on telling his own family of the news but as Alex wasn't three months yet, they agreed to wait. Kai had been texting her most days, checking up on her and even planning on visiting throughout the pregnancy to keep Alex company when Marco couldn't. Kaiser had told Alex that their mom had been asking a lot of about Alexander recently but wouldn't say why. She even wanted to come over with Kai on his next visit to see her daughter and grandchild.

Marco was due back today from Asia, it had been a long two weeks away from him and Junior was missing him massively. She had, had regular visits from Marco's sisters, who had been keeping an eye out for her, it was Marco's orders as he couldn't be there if anything happened.

Alex stood patiently with Junior in the car park at Dortmund's training ground, waiting for the team bus to roll up. "Papa!!" Junior screamed, running over to his father. The reunion was very cute, and after a few moments of messing around, they both approached Alex.

Marco lent down and kissed Alex on the cheek, the two of them had not spoken of their relationship since Alex went to England three weeks ago and that worried Alex. The two of them had been busy sorting out which room was the best for the baby, and looking at different designs which would suit both genders - she could tell Marco was beginning to become excited for the baby as every evening he would text her different images of what the room should look like or what toys to buy. However she wanted to bring the new baby into a loving family, meaning she hoped her and Marco would finally rekindle but she didn't know how Marco felt about it.