1.2

zwölf

•the truth doesn't cost anything, but a lie could cost everything•

recap

"I have something to tell you," Both Alex and Marco said together, causing them both to laugh, however Alex was full of nerves on the inside.

"You first," Marco smiled, he knew it was too soon but he couldn't help his feelings.

"Marco," Alex swallowed thickly, she just hoped he took this well.

"Al, what's wrong?" Marco asked, he was scared because of how Alex was acting, he didn't like the tension that had become between the two of them.

"I have something to tell you Marco," Alex started, she was praying that he was about to understand what she was going to say. Taking short, deep breaths Alexander knew she had to explain now. Moving to sit down on his sofa, Marco followed in suit, sitting opposite her.

"Four years is a long time, people change and we both have. But I have not been completely honest with you Marco, and for that I'm sorry," Alex was attempting to hold back the tears, but she couldn't. She never wished to be in this situation, she knew it wasn't the right time. "Marco's full name is not Marco Evans, on his birth certificate he goes by the name of Marco Reus Junior. He's your son Marco, and I'm so sorry for keeping it from you," at this point, tears were streaming down Alex's face, but Marco did not move, his mouth opened but shut. He was lost for words.

"Please say something Marco," Alexander begged, she did not like the silence, she wanted Marco to at least say something to her.

Marco glanced over at his son, that's his son. He couldn't believe he was a dad, and had been for four years. But he couldn't believe that Alexander kept it a secret from him for this long, he was shocked and hurt, and he knew he didn't want to be around her at the moment. He was full of emotions and he had to go before he said something he would regret.

And with that Marco Reus stood up, staring at his little boy before shaking his head and walking away, tears leaving his eyes. Slamming the front door shut, Marco climbed into his car. He knew this was the wrong choice right now, but his head was a mess and he needed to get this all off his mind.

Alexander broke down, she could not believe how this has happened. It was not the right time, but she knew it had to happen sooner or later. Shaking uncontrollably, tears flowing out of her eyes, her son came over to her, "mommy why are you crying," Marco frowned.

Alexander wiped the tears away from her eyes, "I'm fine baby," she attempted at a smile. "Time to go home." Alex scooped up her son, hugging him tightly as she walked upstairs and collected her bags. She was sure she could find an earlier flight, she didn't want to wait around for Marco to return home.

• • •

Walking into her family home at three am in the morning was something Alex hadn't had planned. She hoped that everyone was sound asleep as she didn't want to face anyone right now, not even her family. It was quite clear that they had all seen those photos of her and Marco together, meaning that when she sees them all tomorrow, it won't be pretty.

She was more worried for her son, than she was herself. She knew that now Marco knew of his child, he would want rights, meaning that the young boy would fly between Dortmund and London quite often. She didn't know how he would handle it when she told him that Reus was his dad, and she didn't know when to tell him either.