Mitch and Lachlan

Lachlan's POV:

It was our first date, we were sitting on the roof of Mitch's house. We had fancy people Italian food and it was delicious.

Well, it actually started out as a blind date.

Vikk and Jerome set us up.

I had no idea, really, it started out as a normal 2/3 of the pack get together. Vikk flew in from England, and I flew in from Australia, to see Mitch and Jerome for a couple weeks. The first weekend was pretty fun, we recorded some minecraft videos and a few challenge ones.

Little did Mitch and I know that we were about to become a challenge video.

Mitch the little bitch thought it was just a prank on us. Jerome and Vikk told him he would be going on a blind date, and that he should be as romantic as he was to Jess. So when he found out his date was your little Lachy here, he wasn't just romantic, he was actually trying to impress me.

I had drank about 3 shots of gin beforehand with Vikk and Jerome, and I was already pretty out of it, but I also remembered having a glass of wine at dinner with Mitch. Or was it two?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Night:

"Hey Lachlan, we set you up on a blind date! Go to the roof now, or we kill you <3," I heard Vikk yell from the living room. I sighed, and set down my shot glass and looked down at my clothes. I wasn't wearing anything fancy, just a casual t-shirt and jeans.

A blind date? "I hope the girl is pretty", I thought as I walked outside to the pool, and found a ladder. There was a sign with the words, 'blind date' written on it in yellow crayon. Why on the roof? My brain began to hurt from all this thinking and the drinks I had, so I just went with it.

I was so surprised to see Mitch there that I almost fell off the ladder.

"Hey Lachlan! Have you seen my date?" He smirked evilly, and winked at me.

"Oh no..." Shit was about to go down.

The roof was pretty flat, so the white table from downstairs was pretty visible. It was adorned with wine glasses, china plates, the whole works.

Mitch led me to my seat, and I sat down nervously. "Does he know?" I asked myself, wondering if this was another prank video. Why am I the victim!

Mitch was wearing his casual outfit, his signature hoodie and khaki shorts. He was in a flirty and playful mood, I could tell. "WHAT IS THIS? WHAT IS GOING ON?" My thoughts were jumbled as he smiled warmly at me, still smirking.

"Mitch got your tongue, Lachlan?" He presented me with a bouquet of flowers, roses and carnations.

"Umm, thanks, Mitch. If you don't mind me asking, what is going on here?" I took the flowers, setting them down by my feet.

"Isn't it obvious? We are on a date. My job is to make you love me!" He laughed, grabbing a bottle of wine from under the table and filled our glasses.

"I really shouldn't drink, Mitch," I stuttered, smiling weakly, still completely confused.

"I know you were drinking with Vikk and Jerome, don't try to fool me, Lachlan. This is our special night! We'll tell our kids about this!"

I swallowed, hoping the last part was a joke. "That's nice...but I thought you were into girls. What about Jess?"

"Jess and I broke up weeks ago! And besides, I never specifically said I was into only girls." He raised his glass, "To you, Lachlan, and to us," I raised my glass nervously to meet his.

Mitch immediately downed half the glass, as I sipped mine slowly, trying not to let too much more alcohol into my system. I was starting to get scared, a drunk Mitch would be the worst thing right now. "He has to be acting, there's a reason he's chugging his wine like that!"

"Lachlan? Are you okay?" Mitch said, looking straight into my eyes. If he was acting he deserved a million oscars. "Yeah... I'm fine," I picked up my glass, and drank it, at least this would make for a funny video.

The rest of the dinner was a blur, I remember the food, drinking a few more glasses, but only the first bit of conversation.

"So how long have you 'liked me'?" I asked Mitch, daring to stare right into his eyes. I didn't know what I was expecting.

"About a year, to be honest," Mitch answered quickly, his eyes falling to the table. "Listen, Lachlan. Thanks for coming up here. I get that this is probably a prank, but I want you to know that have feelings for you. I love you Lachlan." His cheeks were deep red, making the statement even more convincing. I didn't know what to say back.

"Do I like Mitch? Or did my drunk self just want me to? Maybe he should join an acting class..." My thoughts wandered, just wanting to find something to say back.

"Mitch-" I was suddenly cut off, he walked over to me, pulling me out of my seat. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and hesitated, as if letting me back out if I wanted to.

His breath smelled like wine. This wasn't like me, this wasn't like him. The next thing I knew we had our lips pressed together, my hands in his hair. I was surely drunk, and making out with one of my best friends, probably on video.

I didn't tell him to stop. I didn't pull away or anything. I wanted that, and I wasn't mad at myself for it.

"OH MY GOD! SNAPCHATTING THIS SHIT!" I heard voices yelling. I reluctantly pulled away from Mitch and turned to face the intruders.

Jerome and Vikk.

Fuck my life.

Mitch and I looked at each other, fear laced in his eyes like none I'd ever seen from him before.

"Were you telling the truth?" I asked quietly, and when I didn't get an answer, I yelled louder, "Is this a prank, Mitchell?"

His eyes lost the spark they had at the beginning of the night, "Do you want it to be?" he whispered, looking hurt.

"I'm sorry," He turned away, his head bowed in shame, before I could say anything he ran to the ladder and was soon out of sight.

"Well that happened," Vikk stated, putting away his phone.

"At least I got a good snapchat?" Jerome tried to lighten the mood, but it obviously didn't work.

Shit happens, I guess.