Vikklan

Side note:

 Sorry for not updating in a while, we will try to make our stories consistent. But we are working on a new book "The Opposites" which is about still the Pack, and would really appreciate if you could go check it out! Thanks and sorry again! 

-K

(also I'm low -key starting to ship vikklan more please send help) 

Vik's P.O.V:

I slung my backpack onto my shoulders, leaning against the tree as I stood up shakily. My ankle shot up in searing pain from my fall just a half an hour ago. I winced, limping along the empty forest trail, rain falling occasionally through the canopy to land on my already sweaty face.

I swallowed, trying to push the pain into the back of my mind. I wish this would've happened when I was only a quarter of the way into the forest, not when I was at the base of the mountain after an hour and a half of hiking. I'll admit, the injury really was bad, a deep gash from my ankle up to the middle of my calf, acquired from a fall on some sharp rocks. It hurt like a bitch, and I had to stop my trek back several times because my vision started to blur and spin.

This was supposed to be relaxing, just a break from youtube and life in general to walk in the wilderness while I was in Australia with Lachlan. I had no cell service, which sucked, because I was supposed to meet Lachlan at the start of the trail about two hours ago. I checked my phone, only 36% percent on it. Jeez karma, I thought I was a pretty nice guy. Hey, it could always be worse, I could've angered a bear.

I stumbled through the groves of trees as night began to fall. I felt frightened, I didn't know what I was supposed to do in this situation, barely being able to walk now. I could keep going but the bleeding from my ankle had started again, and it wouldn't stop no matter how many times I paused and rested it.

It took a few minutes, but after pondering and weighing my options, I decided that I was better off sleeping in the meadow right next to the trail and wait till morning to find my way back. I set down my pack in the middle of the grass, taking off my extra jacket and laying down on top of it. My ankle exploded once more in pain, the bleeding spreading from the extra shirt I tied around it onto the dead yellow grass.

I inhaled sharply as the pain changed from a constant hum to sparks of torture, which felt way worse. I tried to sleep as the sun set, praying that I would be fine. I checked my phone again, 10pm, still no service.

My vision faded into black as the sun dipped below the trees.

I woke up with a shock, the moon being the only thing illuminating the field around me. It was unnaturally bright, every blade of grass tinged a reddish orange color. I stood up, the pain in my ankle only a dull throb. I heard a rustle from behind me, and I spun around instinctively, my hands in fists. A translucent apparition stood before me, holding a pendant covered in blood, even on the chain itself. I realized that it was my own necklace, the one Lachlan had bought for me a few days ago. I stepped back in fear, my heel hitting something behind me. I turned again, seeing my own body lying contorted on the grass, its eyes open in pure fear and agony, blood pooling in a circle around its neck, where the necklace was missing from view.

I felt my legs give out, my body falling to the ground in slow motion. My vision filled with red, the apparition walking towards me, dropping the bloody necklace back in my hands. The blood from my ankle flowing freely, my corpse still laying on the ground next to me, its eyes locking with my own as the spirit exploded in a white light. I felt something heavy sink into my chest as a voice cried out my name, my body going numb.