Happy really late/early Valentine's day

Lachlan's P.O.V:

Today was valentine's day, one of the most cliche holidays there is. And of course I had decided it was the best day I could choose. I had been preparing for this weeks in advance, finding the perfect gift, practicing my confession over and over until it was perfect.

My day was going wonderfully, I woke up bright and early, ate a healthy breakfast and caught my bus on time. I even got to school fifteen minutes earlier than normal. Nothing could go wrong, right?

After third period ended, I raced down the hallway searching for him. He usually met me at my class to go to lunch, but today was special. I looked for him everywhere, jogging down the endless maze of hallways, packed with students.

I kept looking until I finally caught a glimpse of him down a less used hall. Preston. My legs carried me forward, beginning to sprint towards him, "Pres-,"

And then my heart shattered.

He stood there, a smile spread across his beautiful face. He gently took a neatly wrapped gift out of the hand of Rob who was kneeling in front of him. Preston looked flustered and extremely happy as Rob stood up, kissing his forehead.

There was nothing left. My heart was gone. The present I bought slipped from my hands onto the floor. It broke open, the contents spilling everywhere. The carefully written note I had tapped onto the top got crushed under my heel as I rushed forward. My mind was blank with hate.

I swung my arm without thinking, smashing into the face of an unsuspecting Rob.

He crashed to the ground, feebly clutching at his nose, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" I practically screamed.

"Lachlan what the hell are y-," He managed before I cut him off.

"I told you EVERYTHING! And you ruined it, you knew how important this was to me and you, you did THIS!" I yelled, pointing at the gift in Preston's hands.

Lachlan shook his head, still holding his nose, "Lachlan, no, listen,"

"NO, shut up, you don't deserve to speak," I fumed, stomping my foot like a child.

A hand touched my shoulder, "Lachlan!" Preston exclaimed, "What happened?"

I spun to look at him, anger still clouding my judgement, "HE stole you," My voice broke, my mind finally clearing. I realized what I had done, tears beginning to roll down my cheeks. "Fuck, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," I turned back to Rob, "I didn't mean to do that. I shouldn't have gotten so mad, Rob I'm sorry," I faltered as arms wrapped around my torso, pulling me closer to the person behind me.

"Shh, Lachlan. Please, tell me what's wrong," Preston whispered, taking my hand.

"Preston...no, you won't understand, you have Rob," I whimpered as he pulled me closer.

"What do you mean, I might understand if you try and explain," He said, squeezing my hand.

I glanced at Rob before opening my mouth, "I...I love you," I forced out, watching as Preston stepped away, a confused expression covering his face.

"What?" He whispered as I felt my sadness pull up my head. It dragged me towards him, my hands were gently gently placed on his cheeks. My mind was screaming at me to stop. I slowly pulled him into kiss, silently cursing myself.

What was I doing?

I stumbled back, glancing one last time at Preston before dashing away.