Ministar

(I originally wrote this a long time ago and decided to re-write it, so I guess I hope you enjoy. Also, I am extremely sorry that we have not posted in forever. -K)

He was quiet on the way home, silent tears rolling down his cheek. I inspected him out of the corner of my eye, wincing every time I laid eyes on another swollen cut.

"Alright, time to go," I mumbled, sliding out of my seat as soon as we were parked. I quickly moved to open his door, "Vik please."

He shook his head, sniffling. I sighed, leaning over to pick her him up. Vik was motionless, crumpled and broken in my arms, quietly crying. "You're beautiful," I whispered, slowly walking to the door. Vik whimpered slightly as I shifted positions, taking my keys out of the back pocket of my skinny jeans. "I'm sorry," I apologized, swinging open the door to our house.

I carried him to the living room, gently setting the frail boy on the couch, "Where does it hurt babe," I asked, kneeling down next to him.

"Here," Vik mumbled, pointing to his forearm and hip. I leaned down, kissing the wound. He flinched and pushed me away. His arm was covered in drying blood, bruises forming around a large gash which had bits of gravel stuck under the skin.

I got up, pressing a small kiss to his forehead in the process, "I'll go start a bath for you," I smiled, watching him as he leaned back and nodded. I quickly made my way to the bathroom and began preparing a warm bath. I threw in a lavender scented bath bomb and a few rose petals I found in the cupboard (why were those there) before walking back to Vik.

Again I picked him up, cradling him in my arms. He protested slightly as I walked to to the bathroom, saying he could walk. "But why would I let you walk when I could hold you," I replied, poking his nose.

I helped him stand and regain his balance before looking back at him, "The bath should be warm, with an added bonus of bubbles. Hopefully that can help you relax," He nodded as I turned to leave. As I began to close the door, Vik grabbed my hand.

"Please don't go, just...turn around," He mumbled, squeezing my hand. I complied, shutting my eyes and facing the door.

I could hear shuffling as he pulled off his clothes, and a small splash as he slipped into the tub. He let out a gasp, followed by a sigh, "The water stung a bit." His voice sounded fragile, almost like glass.

"I'm sorry princess," I answered, our conversation lapsing into a silence. I kept my eyes closed, letting him know he could trust me.

A sharp noise contrasted against the silence as he pulled the shower curtain closed. "Simon," Vik mumbled. I turned around, his outsretched arm protruded through the curtain folds. I took his hand and sat down, leaning against the wall. "I love you Simon,"

"I love you too," I whispered into the darkness.