Power Outage (Poofless/Prechlan)-ish

First off, thank you so much for 1k reads on this book. It means so much and just for this occasion, an extra long oneshot has been awarded to you *gives out memes as party favors*

This is set during the annual pack ski trip, and while the rest of the guys are out skiing, Lachlan and Preston are left in the house during a power outage. The ending is open for interpretation, leave your thoughts and responses in the comments. Thanks!

<3 Mayrael

TRIGGER WARNING 

Not too bad, but there are lots of feels to be felt.

Preston's P.O.V:

I only realized the power went out after flicking all the lights in the house on and off for five minutes. After rummaging uselessly through the drawers and cabinets downstairs I discovered the ski trip house has no flashlights or batteries whatsoever. I found candles though!

"Preston? What is going on?" I heard a sleepy voice coming from the hallway. I strained my eyes to see Lachlan trudging out of his room in his pajamas, his phone serving as a flashlight in his hand.

"The power appears to be out," I explained, the light from his phone blinding me from the dark and snowy contrast outside.

Suddenly the light from Lachlan's phone flickered then died out, "Are you kidding me," Lachlan exclaimed, "Fuck iphones, seriously, I had like, 30%!"

I laughed, waiting for my eyes to adjust back to the dark. "I have some candles if you can find some matches or a lighter," I set them down on the center table, hearing Lachlan's footsteps coming closer.

"We should have some in the emergency kit, follow me," Lachlan lightly grabbed my arm, blindly guiding me to a closet down the hall, walking into the wall a few times. "They should be in here, I can't see a thing though," I dug through the mess of what felt to be blankets before feeling a large plastic box. Lachlan helped me drag it out, and we carried it back to the table in the living room.

"Where are the rest of the guys?" Lachlan asked as we pried open the box, picking through first aid supplies and extra food before finding the matches. He lit some of the candles, illuminating our faces in an orange tinted light.

"As far as I was told they went out skiing while we slept," I sighed, "I hope they are okay, they've been gone for a while now," I unconsciously carved a name in the wax side of the candle, staring at Lachlan's lifeless phone.

"Do you think a storm caused the outage?" Lachlan had a look of worry on his face, and it started to stress me out, thinking about my friends on that mountain in the dark.

"I don't see any change in the weather, and I also like keeping a happy mindset," I complained, not wanting to think about this stressful situation, I was on vacation for pete's sake!

"What is happy about this situation?" Lachlan groaned, grabbing a bag of chips from the kitchen.

"The fact there are games we can play!" I smiled, grabbing my candle and walking towards the bookshelves. I retrieved a simple card deck before the candle burnt out from a chill in the air. "Lachlan?!" I yelled, an eerie feeling sending tingles down my spine in the midst of the darkness.

"I'm coming, Preston," I heard Lachlan's distant voice, feeling safer already. I felt someone come up behind me, taking the candle from my hand. I turned to greet Lachlan, surprised he came so quickly, to see only my now lit candle on the floor, no one in sight.