Fight Till The Night. (LadyNoir)

"On your feet, ChatNoir." Gubydal yelled at Adrien.

Adrien gulped hard.

"NO!" Alya cried. "This isn't a fair fight, Marinette!"

"Seems fair to me!" Gubydal grinned. "After all, I fought him before and gave him a headstart. Doesn't it seem fair?

"No!" Alya cried again. "He's hurt! He's covered head to toe in bruises!"

"Alya. It's fine."

"Huh!?" Alya turned to face Adrien.

"No really, it's fine." Adrien smiled warmly.

How could this guy...be so calm? Alya thought in shock.

"Transform." Gubydal smirked. "I'll beat you in a heartbeat. Then, I want the book, Master Fu!"

"Hawkmoth, I do not wish to hand it to you." Master Fu replied icily.

"I'm not Hawkmoth!" Gubydal hissed back.

"You are. Controlling is being."

"I never understood your stupid proverbs." Gubydal growled. "I'll kill you and get the book later!"

"Plagg, transform me!" Adrien called.

Transformation Sequence [Adrien~Chat]

Chat looked in his pocket. He had hid the diary in his satchel. He needed to get it. 

"Can I go quickly, somewhere?" Chat asked.

"You think I'm merciful?" Gubydal grinned.

She grabbed him by the tail and flung him out through the roof.

"Later peeps! I've got a kitty to destroy! Too bad you can't see the encore with Alya though, Master Fu, you'll be dead by then!" Gubydal cackled and left.

Alya sniffed. She was always there when Marinette cried. Where was she now?

"Ladybug is gone. That means Marinette is gone. And you know what Master Fu? It means I'm gone."

***

Gubydal ran after Chat and saw that he landed on the roof of a building. He was in pain and struggling to get up.

"Aw, does the poor kitty need help?" Gubydal batted her eyelashes fakely.

"N-no..." Chat rasped and got to his feet.

He reached for his baton and tried to strike her but Gubydal dodged easily.

"I always knew you were a weakling, ChatNoir," Gubydal snorted.

With a flick of her wrist, she flung her yoyo's rope around him and swung him away.

"I need that yoyo kitty!" Gubydal called.

"M-maybe I can de-evilize it!" Chat brightened. 

He tried to untangle himself from the yoyo but it was tight and he hit a building wall and slid down.

"Gag..." Chat gasped.

"Caught like a cat IN a bag, huh?" Gubydal smirked.

She grabbed him by the neck.

"Listen to me, Agreste, I could kill you now." Gubydal said leaning forward. "But where would the fun go?"

She grabbed her yoyo and threw him again.

Chat landed hard on bristly grass and struggled to get up. His lip was bleeding and he felt like giving up.

"M-Marinette. Please. For Paris." Chat pleaded. "STOP!"

"Aw, does the poor widdle kitty need his mommy? Can't he stand thunder and storms?" Gubydal imitated a baby.

"Mom." Chat thought dead stopping. He burst into tears and fell down gripping the grass. "Mom!"

"Yeesh, say 'mom' and they get all emotional." Gubydal snorted rolling her eyes.

"Marinette. That isn't you." Chat said through his bleeding lip.

"It is me, Adrien." Gubydal replied simply.

"You're sweet, kind and optimistic. But you know what I liked about you?"

Gubydal cocked her head as if she sort of wanted him to continue. Chat smirked. He didn't feel pain anymore.

"I loved how you were stubborn."

Chat reached his baton and struck her and Gubydal quickly blocked the shot with her yoyo.

"You bounce back quickly, don't you?" Gubydal scowled.

"Of course!" Chat grinned.

"Stop grinning, you jerk!" Gubydal hissed.

Gubydal wrapped her yoyo around his neck and spun him around.

And flung him to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

"Argh!" Chat cried in pain.

Gubydal ran up to the Tower and glanced at him with a smile that looked so fake, you couldn't even tell if she was Ladybug.

"You..." he panted in suffering. "You aren't Ladybug...you're Hawkmoth. Master Fu was right."

"Take that back, kitty cat, ooh that rhymed!" Gubydal giggled. 

She kicked him in the stomach.

"I-I would never fight Ladybug..." Chat gasped.

"You will to defend yourself!" Gubydal cried and punched him.

"I don't care if your Hawkmoth. I will never fight you!" Chat cried.

"Fight me!" 

"No!"

"Ugh. What's the fun in that?" Gubydal sighed.

She thrust her arm in his chest and he fell back.

"Ladybug would hate you."

"She-She...you just said..." Chat blinked to realisation. "You aren't Ladybug! You are Hawkmoth!"

"So? What difference does that make?" Gubydal snorted she kicked him and soon, ChatNoir was at the edge of the Eiffel Tower.

"I can fight..." Chat started and looked up. He thought back to the time when he and Ladybug go out patrolling at night. Then they take a rest and sit side by side at the Eiffel Tower and look at the sun going down and the stars coming up.

Stars.

Stars.

"You know what the prettiest thing about Paris is, Chat?"

"What?"

"The stars. Sometimes it's nice to leave our normal lives and just...you know...get to know each other!"

"I guess your right, LB."

"Yeah..."

Stars.

Stars.

Then he blinked. All he needed to do was wake up the real Ladybug.

And now he knows just how to.