Miraculous Adrienette (Adrienette)

The ambulance belted down the road. Adrien stared at Marinette's frail body. 

Why won't she open her eyes!?

"What happened mac? Didn't Ladybug fix everything?" the police officer asked in his strange accent.

"Oh...she just wasn't saved! I don't know why! Ladybug told me why, its complicated!" Adrien lied immediately

Marinette started coughing violently. Adrien hugged his head. This couldn't be happening. Not after she confessed to him! Not after she fixed everything!

"Well, here we are," the officer said. "Never driven an ambulance before, everyone must've been at the hospital, lets take her in now!"

***

A few hours later, Marinette was strapped to a hospital bed under a lot of care. 

"She's taken a lot of energy, we simply have no idea why!" The surprised nurse addressed. "She'll live...hopefully, if the energy doesn't take her life, you can wait here Mr..."

"Agreste." Adrien finished gravely. "Adrien Agreste."

The nurse nodded politely and then strode off.

"Marinette..." Adrien choked.

Miraculously, Marinette's eyes flicked open, but her eyelids were still droopy.

"Adrien?"

"Don't say anything!" Adrien cried, a tint of anger in his voice. "Please don't...you're hurt!"

"I saw him!" Marinette cried, almost jumping out of bed.

"Who?" 

Marinette couldn't help but say gravely,

"Hawkmoth. Hawkmoth is still out there Adrien."

***

Adrien clutched her fist in his hand and smiled.

"I see. But...I think it's time for  us to defeat him once and for all!" Adrien grinned.

Marinette was surprised. Adrien would probably have told her not to say anything and to stay in bed.

"Adrien...Master Fu said...after you left...that after this...I can't have the Ladybug miraculous anymore...we can't defeat Hawkmoth..." Marinette felt the tears spilling out of her eyes. "I'm sorry...you can still save everyone as...ChatNoir if...if you want...."

"Marinette..." Adrien said softly. "No one could replace you. No one could replace my Bugaboo."

Then they kissed.

***