Hawkmoth's Lair

Adrien stood on top of a roof and overlooked the city in sadness. Plagg was with him because he was Chat when he lost his ring (Check Lady Wifi for proof. Chat lost the ring but Plagg was next to him.)

"Plagg...what do I do? My miraculous..." he sighed. "I'm a horrible ChatNoir..."

Plagg looked at the boy sadly.

"I dunno really...we don't know what he will do with the miraculouses." Plagg shrugged.

"I don't think I can face Master Fu..." he looked down. "Marinette was right when she first met me. I was just trouble."

"Trouble?"

"You heard what Gubydal said! I was a flirt and useless! I just destroy things!" Adrien frowned.

"Well...destroying usually means you can create new things." Plagg said profound.

"Really?"

"Yep. When my camembert melted once, I was able to make it into a tasty thick juice!" he said smacking his lips.

"Yuck! But I get it Plagg!" Adrien smiled. "I may not have my miraculous, but I can still save m'lady!"

"Stop. Take a deep breath and think what Ladybug would do." Plagg smiled.

Adrien took a deep breath. He looked around. What would Ladybug do?

"The diary!" he mouthed. 

He jumped from the roof and landed safely on his feet. He raced to his house. He needed the satchel. It was the only way to save Ladybug. And Marinette.

***

"Hey Master Fu!" Nino called.

"Yes Nino and Alya?" Master fu smiled warmly.

"If you found Nino, then can't you find Hawkmoth?" Alya asked.

"Of course. But. It takes a lot of my kwami's power." Master Fu frowned.

"But it's another miraculous! Wouldn't it be easy to sense?" Alya asked.

"Yes, but..." Master Fu looked up. "A kwami is not just a toy that speaks, it is a friend. Adrien and Marinette are very close with their kwamis."

"Gee...I-I never thought that-"

"It's okay." Master Fu interrupted. "I'll do it."

Alya and Nino exchanged worried glances then nodded fiercely.

The ring lit up after a few minutes under Master Fu's care, he got out and they all followed the ring. After a while, Alya noticed where they were headed.

To the Agreste Mansion.

***

Adrien dug his hand into the satchel.

"Come on...come on!" Adrien found. "GOTCHA!"

He swiped out the diary and flipped to the last page of the diary.

"This is it..." Adrien took a deep breath and began reading. He hoped it held the answer to de-akumatize Marinette's akuma. If not, it was a waste of time.

A complete waste of time

***

"Ah, Marinette," Hawkmoth smiled as Gubydal walked in with the ring.

"Hello Hawkmoth." Gubydal grinned back. "Here is the ring."

"Who was ChatNoir?"

"Adrien. Adrien Agreste."

Instead of being despaired, Hawkmoth grinned. "Thank you."

He reached for the ring and Gubydal grinned. She yanked it away. Hawkmoth scowled.

"What!?" he roared.

"You're really guilluble Hawkmoth."

She snatched his brooch.

"I was honest on our deal, Ladybug!" he hissed.

"I get the brooch, you get the ring." she smirked.

"Too bad, I can't trust you." Hawkmoth snatched the ring and his brooch.

"What are you using it for?" she demanded.

"That would be dumb to say."

"It would be dumb not to say," Gubydal grinned and wrapped him in her yoyo. She grabbed the ring and brooch and unwrapped him.

"You are akumatized! How-?"

"Simple. As an akuma, I have gained more power than you. Since you like destruction so much, I'd like you to see Paris in ruins and the entire world like that too!" Gubydal grinned. "You should know about giving too much power!"

Gubydal ran off.

Hawkmoth gaped at her.

Ladybug has the brooch, ring and ladybug miraculouses. She is powerful.

Even more powerful than the ancient Ladybugs.

Or that's what he thought.