O N E

Owen Hunt

"17 year old female, Jane doe. Critical condition. Possible brain bleed and damage to the spine." The paramedic briefly explained as Meredith, April and I rushed the patient inside.

"Grey, run inside book me an O.R. and page shepherd, now!" I yelled wheeling the gurney into the hospital.
Before I could get inside, the 2nd paramedic yelled for me.

"Hunt, i found this backpack. Might help to identify the jane doe." He said.
I thanked him before wheeling her in the O.R.

"How old did he say she was?" I asked April.

"Uhh... 17, sir." She replied.

"Page Robins. Were gonna need peds (pediatrics) for this."

☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤☤

I decided to have Shepherd start to deal with her brain bleeds first before letting Robins deal with her spine. Meanwhile, I was trying to figure out who she was. I went and got her backpack from April and started rummaging through the front pocket. There were some pens, folded up papers that i didnt bother with, and a pair of glasses. I was about to move on to another pocket when i noticed a small piece of white plastic. I pulled it out and flipped it over. It read 'Peyton Johnson, John Hopkins Medical School' with a picture of our Jane Doe.

I was about to go back to the O.R., when i ran into shepherd.

"I stopped the bleeding in her brain, and Robins was able to fix her spine. She says with some physical therapy, she'll be able to move around like normal. She will require around the clock watch, though, for the next couple months."

"Great. I'll go ask Bailey if shes got anyone in mind to babysit."

I walked over to the check in desk where bailey was looking through a patient file.

"Hunt, any news on your Jane Doe?" She asked.

"Shepherd stopped the bleeding in her brain, and Robins repaired the spine. And i found out shes not a Jane Doe. Her names peyton johnson. Shes a med student at johns hopkins."

"Thats wonderful! I'll make sure to have Kepner or Grey add that to her report."

"Thanks. But can i ask you a favor? Peytons gonna need around the clock care for the next couple months. Do you have anyone in mind to babysit, at least for the next couple days?"

"Actually, i do. Averys missed my rounds 3 times this week. I was just gonna put him on scut, but babysitting is even better. I'll go tell him right now."

"Alright, thanks Bailey."

She walked away and i went to grab Peytons backpack, to take to her room. Averys got a long rest if the week ahead of him.