S I X

After finding Hunt and updating him, I went to check on Payton. On my way there, I ran into yang and Altman.

"Dr Avery,Dr Yang and I were just about to insert a temporary pacemaker on a 19 year old Who overdosed. Would you like to scrub in?" Altman offered.

"Wait, 19 year old OD. Was her name Payton?" I asked.

"Something like that, why?"

"I'm scrubbing in." I said and marched down to the OR, yang and Altman in tow.

I had put my scrub cap and mask on and was starting to scrub when Altman walked in, yang following.

"Dr Avery, do you know this patient?" Yang asked.

"It's complicated." I simply stated.

"Dr Avery you cannot scrub in if you have some kind of relationship with the patient."

"This is my patient, I am scrubbing in." I ended the conversation. I finished scrubbing and walked into the OR. When Yang and Altman walked in I turned to them and asked "why does she need a temporary pacemaker?"

"She had a slight, but not dangerous, heart defect. It was just a heart murmur which are most often hereditary, but the drugs put too much of a strain on her heart when combined with the heart murmur. So we're gonna go in and insert a temporary pacemaker to help while she recovers. Her stomachs already been pumped." Altman explained.

"Okay well, what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to leave my OR. I don't think that your judgement is clear with this patient. You may sit in the gallery if you'd like."

"But-"

"Go before I change my mind. I can make you sit in the patient waiting room, if you'd prefer that."

"I think I'll stick to the gallery." I walked away in defeat. I walked into the empty gallery and sat down.

They were close to being done with the surgery, which was going smoothly when suddenly her monitors went off. Her vitals were all over the place. I stood up to run down there, but as soon as I did, yang got her stabilized. They finished positioning the pacemaker before yang closed her up.

I walked down to meet them outside of the OR.

"Well, the patient is stable, but she tried to reject the pacemaker while she was on the table. So, I'm sorry but your back on babysitting duty to make sure she doesn't reject the pacemaker again. But this time your going to switch out with the other residents." Altman reassured me.

"How'd you know I was on babysitting duty?" I asked. Altman pointed over to Cristina.

"Meredith told me." Cristina explained.

"Makes sense. When should she come out of the sedatives?" I asked.

"In about half an hour." Cristina said. We moved her onto a gurney and wheeled her back up to her room in psych.

Altman had gotten paged to peds, but Yang and I we're sitting by Payton's bedside waiting for her to wake up.

"I'm going to get some coffee." I told Yang before walking out of the room.  I bought two regular coffee with cream before walking back down the hallway. I was passing the nurses station, when I heard glass shattering in Payton's room.

This is a really short chapter but I did double update so...

But anyways, thankyou to anyone who reads my book. I know it's pretty crappy and a lot of you are going to hate me because I'm not going in order with the events that actually happened in greys.

I'd like to give a shoutout to
CrazyMofo1D_  and NotLostJustOMW for voting and commenting and a shoutout to klasicarka for voting. Thank you guys so much. There should be more chapters coming soon. And I'm gonna start giving shout outs every couple chapters to people who vote and comment.