F O U R

Derek Shepherd
"Her scans came back clean, so there's nothing I can see that's causing the amnesia, nor is there anything that should make the amnesia permanent or prolonged. I think that the trauma onset the amnesia to help her cope and recover." I informed Hunt. "But, when she does wake up, make sure you let her know that we have to run a few more tests. She was shaking badly when we took her back so we wanna figure out what's causing that."

"Alright. I'll have Avery let her know." Hunt said.

"Avery?" I asked, confused. Avery was supposed to be on Baileys service today.

"Baileys making Avery babysit because he missed her rounds 3 times this week." He explained.

"Oh. Anyways, whose doing her physical therapy?" I questioned.

"I haven't found anyone yet. Most everyone's booked cause of that bus accident." Hunt said.

"Why don't you just have Avery do it, considering he has to babysit anyway. At least until you find somebody." I suggested.

"Great idea. Well I'm gonna go let him know and I'll schedule the rest of her tests." He said, turning and walking away.

Jackson Avery

"No! Absolutely not! I'm already stuck babysitting the brat, there is no way I'm doing her physical therapy. The girl told me I was a shitty resident, I can't deal with that brat!" I yelled.

"Well you're gonna have to. Everyone's booked so you're doing her therapy. Also, let her know that we have to run some more tests to figure out why she's been shaking so bad." Hunt said, about to walk away. Before he did, he called over his shoulder "And Baileys gonna hear about that brat comment!"

I ran my hands over my face before walking back to Payton's room.

"Payton, are you awake? I need to talk to you." I said.
"If you're gonna apologize for earlier, don't bother. If you're not, don't bother. So basically, don't bother." She spat.
"I was just gonna tell you that tomorrow we start your physical therapy and they have to run some more tests to find out what's causing you to shake." I said.
"Again, don't bother. You don't need the tests. I'm hypoglycemic, I was probably shaking cause my blood sugar was low." She explained to me.
"This is great!" I said.
"It's great that I'm hypoglycemic?" She asked confused.
"No, I mean it's great because you remember something. I'm gonna ask you some more questions to see what memory you've regained." I said. "So first, can you give me a phone number for either of your parents? You're not 18 yet so we need their consent for some things."

"What do you mean I'm not 18 yet. I turned 19 a while ago. I'll be twenty in a couple months. " she said.

"But we found a school ID that said you were 17 ."

"That's from my second year at Johns Hopkins. I graduated in May after my 3rd year." She told me.

"You already graduated from med school at 19? Most people barely start at 19." I said shocked.

"I started at 16 after graduating from Harvard with a Doctorate. I started at Harvard at 14."

"Jeez. But how did you know that you wanted to go to Med school next? You could have done anything you wanted."

"Once when I was 12, I saved this guys life. I gave him CPR after he collapsed. After that I always kinda knew that I wanted to save lives."

"That's crazy. Do you know what hospital you wanna work at yet?"

"I don't know. I really want to work at a hospital that's known for clinical trials and a teaching hospital. The idea of being apart of curing some disease is amazing." She said yawning.

"You're tired. I'll go. You need your sleep, tomorrow's gonna be hard with the physical therapy." I said getting up from the chair I've been sitting in.

"Good night... Shitty resident." She said, her eyes closed and a smirk on her face.

"Goodnight.. Brat."