F O U R T Y- T W O

Payton Arizona

"Hey," Jackson said softly, knocking on the doorframe. I pushed myself into a seated position and rubbed the blurriness from my eyes.

"Hey." I said quietly, scooting over so Jackson could lay next to me.

"Wilson said you wanted to talk to me?"

"I want to break up." I said, casting my eyes downward. I could feel Jackson tense under me, but he didn't say anything. "Jackson?" I questioned.

"No."

"What?" I asked, taken aback by the short answer.

"I said no. We're not breaking up just because you have cancer and are too damn stubborn to just get the stupid treatments. I've worked with hundreds of cancer patients, I've seen this all before. The 'I want you to find someone else when I'm gone' bullshit. I'm not going to find somebody and were not gonna break up, because you're here. You're alive and you're here and I love you, I don't want to find someone else. I just want you to do the damn treatments and get better and-" Jacksons voice started to raise as he got up from his spot on the bed next to me.

"Jackson, I ordered a port." I yelled at him.

"What?" He said quietly.

"I ordered a port, I'm getting the Chemo treatments." I repeated, my voice going soft.

"Then why- what's with this whole breaking up thing?" 

"Because," I sighed. "We're not in a fucking Lifetime movie, Jackson. Cancer isn't a romantic thing, it's ugly and it's scary and it's hard. I'm gonna get so yellow from jaundice that I'm going to look like a fucking banana, my hairs gonna get thin and fall out, and the chemicals and radiation will make me so sick I'll throw up everything I eat. Who's to say you won't be so repulsed by me you leave ?"

"I say. I'll love your bald, yellow, vomiting self just as I love you right now. And then when you beat this thing, everything will all go back to normal an-"

"If, Jackson, if I beat this thing. And even if I do, things won't go back to normal. I'll fall so behind at work, I might not even have a job anymore. Ill be ugly and scarred from surgeries and my organs will be such a chemical pollution filled wasteland that I'll never be able to get pregnant. And you don't deserve that. You deserve someone who can give you all the things you want. You deserve kids and a marriage, and you deserve to have a happy, beautiful life." I looked at Jackson, silently pleading that he agree with me and just make this whole situation easier. But of course, it was Jackson and I, nothing was ever easy.

"I do want all of those things Payton but I want them with you, not anyone else. I won't care about a few surgery scars, they'll just add to all the unique things I love about you. And if you can't get pregnant, so be it. There's always other options, we can adopt, or we can get a surrogate, whatever it is we'll work it out. We're gonna get married and have 20 kids and you're gonna be the most successful plastic surgeon there ever was and everything is going to be ok. And it's gonna be a little hard to make those things happen if we break up, so we are not breaking up." Jackson grabbed my hand and squeezed it, smiling the biggest goofiest grin at me and I couldn't help but to grin back.

"Fine, I guess we won't break up." I beamed at him. "There is just one issue." I said.

"I won't be choosing Plastics as my specialty." I laughed.

Here's some super short trashy dialogue for you all. I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever but I feel like this book is absolute shit and idk if anyone even actually likes it or if I should keep updating. I have some big things planned though...