| VII |

Ashelin strained her ears as hard as she could to try to figure out what the pirates were doing, but all she heard was the click of the door behind them.

Silence.

She let out a deep sigh of relief. Her stomach growled, but she couldn't think about her hunger while her legs felt like they were on fire. She wriggled a little, to test her feet, and sucked in a breath as pins and needles stabbed her skin everywhere. Her feet were like anchors as she lifted them and set them down.

She did this for a few minutes until she could feel her limbs again and didn't feel like they weighed a thousand pounds. She tested the bonds around her wrists, and tried to slip her fingers underneath the ropes. They were just tight enough that they wouldn't give, and she held on to the attaching ropes to avoid putting too much weight on her joints.

"You didn't run." Vaas' voice startled Ashelin into a shriek.

She wanted to swear, to ask how he'd gotten there so quietly, to yell at him for scaring the shit out of her. But her heart pounded and her breath caught in her throat—she was tied and blindfolded in front of the pirate king.

This was the moment she'd dreamed of.

She wished she could look at him.

Vaas smiled at the cry of shock that came from her mouth and watched her squirm. Her breathing quickened, accelerating the swell of her creamy breasts in a mesmerizing cadence. He'd had to have her blindfolded—those eyes were disconcerting. He wanted to drink her in without having her disarming desire accusing him of wanting her.

"You were put in an open cage, untied, and not given any food or water." He growled low as he circled her. "But you didn't run."

Ashelin let his husky tones wash over her senses, picturing his beautiful mouth forming the words. He sounded like he was walking around her, like a lion stalking its prey. She didn't know what to do, other than try to breathe through her need.

"Why didn't you run?" He was behind her, mouth inches from her ear, and she whimpered, unable to form words. He reached up and fisted a hand in her hair and wrenched her head back. "Why?!" His voice rose to a level tinged with insanity.

"There was nowhere to go!" Ashelin cried, trembling in his grasp. "I would have been caught!"

He let go of her hair and she flopped forward, forgetting to hold on and slamming her whole body weight down onto her wrists. She seethed, but the pain wasn't entirely unpleasant. The familiar sting of being tied and helpless sent tingles of excitement to her core, and she relished in how alive she felt at that very moment.

The other edge of the knife was laced with fear, not knowing how far he was going to go with her, but she couldn't deny the fact that that, too, excited her.

"I think you're lying, hermana." His tone was back to playful, a far cry from the screaming lunatic from a few moments ago. "I think you've got enough fight in you to have tried to escape. Instead you knelt in that cage like an obedient little dog." His hand crept up her chest and rested around her throat. Not to squeeze, but just to let her know it was there, and Ashelin stifled a moan. It was as if his maleness was filling the room, suffocating her in a wanting that clawed at her skin, desperate for a very particular type of contact.

He leaned closer, breath tickling her cheek. He smelled like debauchery. Cigarettes. Whiskey. A hint of campfire, and an underlying musk that was all Vaas and she was drunk on it.

"Are you going to answer me, hermana?" he growled, and she drew in a ragged gasp as his fingers tightened on her throat. "WHY DIDN'T YOU RUN?" he screamed in her face, his breathing heavy in the silence that followed.

Ashelin parted her legs. "Why don't you touch me and find out?" The words fell from her lips like silk, a hint of attitude beneath them.

Vaas trailed his free hand down and slipped under the dress, fingers dancing up her thigh. Without warning, he slid two fingers inside her and went instantly hard at her slick heat.

They groaned in unison, and he let go of her to free himself from his pants.

The garment had barely pooled at his feet before he shoved her dress out and plunged his throbbing cock all the way into her hot wet cunt.

Ashelin let out a cry as he clutched her hips, reveling in her tight walls clutching at him. She wrapped her legs around his waist, accommodating herself to his girth.

He pounded into her and she let her head fall back, gripping her bonds for the leverage to try to slam herself back against him. All she could really do was just hold on for the ride, and what a ride it was.

They grunted in unison and her vision went starry as an orgasm crashed over her body like a freight train. Her pussy milked him as she came, and he let out a yell as he lost it inside her.

Vaas spat out a string of Spanish curses as he jerked out of her.

He whirled away and threw open the door with a crash before storming out of the room. His barking voice faded into the distance and Ashelin hung limply, not even feeling the strain on her wrists anymore.

She was vaguely aware of hands lifting her, carrying her, lots of chatter and the cool night air hit her too-warm body. She slipped out of consciousness into a euphoric stupor.