| XVIX |

Vaas strode through the village, surveying his men as they went about their day. He was exhilarated by his prize. Not only would this girl make him a ton of money, but she elicited an insatiable desire in him with her deranged needs.

He already wanted to bury himself in her again.

His phone buzzed in his pocket. "Vaas," he answered.

"Good morning, Montenegro!" a bright South African accent trilled. "You sound positively chipper!" Hoyt Volker. The only man Vaas had to answer to.

"It's always a chipper morning on Rook Island," the pirate replied, fake exuberance in his voice. He disliked his boss. He was too concerned with order. Vaas thrived on chaos, anarchy, doing whatever he wanted. Hoyt was a businessman.

"Not always." And here he was, using his business voice. The pirate wanted to blow that tone right out of Hoyt's head. "I heard some of your hostages got the better of you."

Vaas stifled a sigh. News traveled fast. "Oh, they tried." He laughed. "They didn't get very far."

Volker clicked his tongue. "A dead hostage with no video is lost revenue."

"They were brothers anyway. We'll ransom the wounded one," the pirate assured him.

"And the girl?" Hoyt paused. "The little redhead that spoiled my sheets?"

Vaas ran a hand over his head. "Her punishment got a little out of hand," he said. "But we have enough footage to keep her father paying us."

Hoyt made a small noise of dissatisfaction. "You and your... animals. You killed her?"

"She wasn't as tough as she thought." The pirate King forced a laugh.

"I'm disappointed, Montenegro." Hoyt sighed, but he didn't sound all that put out. "You need to control your men better."

You need to control my fucking dick, hermano, Vaas thought. "Yeah, ok, ok," he replied, sounding bored.

"Don't forget who you answer to," Hoyt snapped. "It would be very easy to replace you."

The King scoffed. "Nobody could ever replace your very favourite pirate."

"Ever the fucking comedian." Click.

Vaas exhaled. This could be a dangerous game. It sent a thrill up his spine.

Ashelin lounged on Vaas' back porch, enjoying the sun on her naked body

Ashelin lounged on Vaas' back porch, enjoying the sun on her naked body. She'd had a bath and decided to dry off outside, overlooking the forest. She lazily ate a mango, the sweet juices nourishing her.

Grant's face flitted across her mind. She'd killed his brother. The thought sent a shiver up her spine, but she wasn't mortified or fucked up about it. What kind of person had she become? Or maybe the question was, what kind of person had she really been all along?

She could have escaped with them. Maybe they would have made it, and she could have fled back to Canada with her experiences safely tucked away in her memory.

But she hadn't been ready. She didn't know if she ever would be ready. Could she go back to her old life? It might kill her faster than Vaas ever could.

He completed something in her that she hadn't even known was there, not fully. She knew her life span was likely cut a lot shorter being here, but it was so much richer now. For the first time in her life she was truly happy. The pirate King fulfilled every need she could have ever imagined.

Did she fear him? Definitely. Did it turn her on? Absolutely.

She stretched out, glowing like a goddess. This was her life now. She belonged to Vaas Montenegro.

She couldn't wait to find out what he had in store for her next.